Being less of a priority than the likes of living rooms and kitchens, spend on bathrooms suffered during the austere climate. This has recovered strongly, growing 1.8% and 2.3% in 2014 and 2015 respectively, as both the UK economy and housing market have entered fairly sustained positive growth. This has fuelled growth in spend for a mixture of replacements, design and new home led purchases. There is notable shift in spend from baths to showers, and broadly away from fully fitted furniture to more modular furniture amid a fall in the size of UK living spaces.
- Vibrant growth in Bathroom Furniture
Bathroom Furniture is worth ?877.1m in 2015. Spend has bounced back strongly in-line with sustained growth in the UK economy. Spend grew 2.3% in terms of value in 2015, as sustained improvement in consumer finances and consistent growth in housing transactions led to a bounce-back in spend.
- Changing shopping behaviour
Consumers are showing an increasing preference for showers over baths and for modular furniture products rather than fully fitted bathroom units.
- Fragmented landscape
Bathroom Furniture is a fragmented market, populated by a mixture of DIYers, bathroom specialists and general merchandisers.
- Balanced positioning
There is evidence of a convergence in positioning with retailers looking to balance the virtues of competitive prices and more lifestyle-led differentiation.
“Bathroom Furniture”, a Home Retail Series Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the UK Bathroom Furniture market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Bathroom market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail’s aftermarket databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key issues and strategies in Bathroom Furniture
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and 5 year forecast size for Bathroom Furniture in the UK, with an overview regional analysis.
- Summary of main retailers; market shares, key comparatives and retailer profiles.
- Consumer data: who is shopping in the market by demographic, average spend, purchase motivations.
Reasons To Buy
- This HRS Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Bathroom Furniture market based on insights from within Verdict’s proprietary aftermarket database, consumer insight from our bespoke annual survey and interviews with industry experts.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the Bathroom Furniture market.