“The agrigenomics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8%, in terms of value”
The agrigenomics market is projected to reach USD 13.56 billion by 2021. Rising funds toward agrigenomics research fuel the adoption of novel technologies in crop and livestock breeding. Factors such as environmental effect of agrochemicals, the need for environment-friendly & innovative production methods, and the need to increase crop value have influenced the agricultural community to consider new avenues. Agrigenomics is an effective method to maintain agricultural sustainability without affecting the environmental ecosystem.
“Rising opportunities for DNA sequencing in crops and livestock”
Automation in agrigenomics research is projected to be the most prevalent practice across the globe. The advent of automated nucleic acid extraction, isolation, amplification, and sequencing systems has revolutionized genetic analysis by reducing manual errors and time. Furthermore, the progression of agrigenomics research to the next level was due to recent technological innovations such as digital PCR and next-generation sequencing. Such trends in research practice are expected to provide significant market opportunities for the service line extended to crop and livestock varieties.
“The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing in the agrigenomics market”
In the Asia-Pacific region, China and Australia have been upgrading their technology and services to enhance their growth in agriculture and horticulture operations with the help of international collaborations. Following China and Australia, South Korea, Japan, and India have been pursuing agrigenomic research projects in certain areas of interest with the help of government funds. Soon, the agrigenomic field would open the way for more private investors to develop and introduce various agrigenomic services in the region.
Break-up of primaries
- By company type: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 50%, and Tier 3 – 30%
- By designation: C level – 28%, Director level – 22%, Others – 50%
- By region: North America – 34%, Asia-Pacific – 27%, Europe – 20%, RoW – 19%
Key market players profiled in the report are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Eurofins Scientific SE (Luxembourg), LGC Limited (U.K.), Zoetis Services LLC (U.S.), Neogen Corporation (U.S.), Galseq SRL VIA Italia (Italy), and Biogenetic Services, Inc. (U.S.).
• To define, segment, and project the agrigenomics market with respect to test objective, application, sequencer type used for test samples, and region
• To provide detailed information regarding the crucial factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
• To identify and analyze the effect/impact of changes in regulations/legislations and safety aspects on the agrigenomics market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their core competencies
• To analyze the opportunities in the agrigenomics market for stakeholders and provide a detailed insight about the competitive landscape for key market leaders
The report is targeted toward the existing players in the industry, which include:
• Technology providers, lab instrument & equipment manufacturers
• Research institutions/agencies/laboratories
• Biotechnological companies
• Genetic solution/service providers
• Plant & livestock breeders
• Government regulatory authorities and agricultural research organizations