The market growth is driven by the following:
- The 2015-2016 ISIS-inspired terror attacks in Paris, Brussels, Nice, Würzburg, Istanbul, the Middle East, Africa and the U.S.A., drove governments to overhaul their counter terror infrastructure and funding
- During the past 3 years, explosive-based terror attacks accounted for 56% of over 36,000 worldwide terror attacks
- The projected 2015-2021 5% air passengers and cargo CAGR
- Growth of the Asia-Pacific airport industry markets
- The need to replace or upgrade 60,000 outdated X-ray screening systems with state-of-the-art systems
- The 2016 supply side X-ray industry consolidation (Smiths Group acquired Morpho Detection and OSI Systems acquired AS&E) will moderate the industry’s price competition
With 3 volumes, 727 pages, 147 tables and 253 figures, the new report is the most comprehensive review of the multibillion-dollar global X-ray security screening market, industry and technology trends published to date.
The report is segmented into 240 submarkets, compared with 89 submarkets in X-ray market reports that we have previously published. Furthermore, for the 1st time, this report includes data & analysis of the X-ray container & vehicle screening technologies and markets.
Global X-ray Security Systems Report: Segmentation Vectors
The report examines each dollar spent in the market via 5 orthogonal money trails:
- By 5 Regional Markets:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- By 34 National Markets:
- Rest of Europe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- By 6 Vertical Markets:
- Land Transportation
- Secured Perimeters & Buildings
- Postal Items
- By 6 Technology Markets:
- Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
- 1st Responders X-ray Systems
- Small Aperture X-ray Systems
- Medium Aperture X-ray Systems
- Cargo Screening Systems
- People Screening (AIT) and Other Markets
- By 4 Revenue Sources:
- System Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
- Planning & Consulting Services
- Training Services
Questions answered in this 3-volume 727-page report include:
- What will the market size be in 2016-2021?
- What are the main X-ray security screening technology trends?
- Where and what are the market opportunities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key vendors?
- What are the challenges to the X-ray security screening market?
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- U.S. Government prices of more than 120 X-ray screening products
- 26 current and pipeline technologies:
Conventional 2D X-ray, Dual Energy X-ray, Quasi Dual Energy X-ray, Dual view LINAC-based container – vehicle screening systems, Variable View X-ray, Quasi 3-D Dual View Dual-Energy X-ray Imaging, Backscatter Screening, Coherent Scatter 2D X-ray, X-ray Diffraction, Single Photon Counting Based Dual-energy X-ray Screening, Dual energy LINAC-based container – vehicle screening systems, Multiple Beam Based X-ray Diffraction Explosives Detection, Advanced 2D Dual X-ray Backscatter Screening, Cabinet X-Ray Imaging, Small Angle Scattering with an X-ray Grating Interferometer Improvised Explosives Detection, Fused X-ray, Single view LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view, Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view, Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, ,Single view Gamma-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual energy X-ray postal items Screening Systems. Single energy X-ray postal items Screening Systems
- 24 Vendors:
3DX-RAY, Adani, American Science and Engineering, Analyzed Images, Astrophysics Inc., Auto Clear U.S., EG&G, Eurologix Security Ltd, Gilardoni SpA, L-3 Communications Security & Detection Systems, Leidos, Inc, LIXI Inc, MINXRAY Inc., Morpho Detection, NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Optosecurity, OSI Systems, Rapiscan Systems, Inc., SAIC, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Smiths Detection, Todd Research Ltd., Vidisco Ltd., Westminster International