The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Julius Baer is a Swiss financial services provider that offers clients a range of wealth management services. Led by CEO Boris F J Collardi, Julius Baer does not specialize in a particular demographic segment beyond HNW; rather, the company’s customer targeting strategy aims to create a global footprint. Julius Baer carries out its global expansion by pursuing a merger and acquisition (MandA) strategy: it has entered markets around the world as part of its plan to continuously invest in existing businesses and adapt to shifts in the investment behavior of clients.
- Julius Baer continues to expand its presence in its home market Switzerland.
- Although Europe remains the company’s largest market, nearly a quarter of the company’s assets under management (AUM) currently stem from clients in Asia Pacific. Julius Baer is also pushing heavily into Latin America at a time when competitors are withdrawing from the region.
- In July 2016 the company announced a restructuring and now operates five standalone divisions: Europe, Asia Pacific, emerging markets, Latin America, and Switzerland.
- Julius Baer plans to reduce executive board compensation by 10% as a result of a cross-border settlement with the US Department of Justice over an investigation into whether the company helped clients evade taxes in 2009 and 2010.
- The company has been steadily growing its revenues, and currently focuses on controlling expenses as its cost/revenue ratio grew significantly between 2010 and 2013.
- Julius Baer has a limited presence on social media platforms, preferring to build and strengthen client relationships outside of digital channels. The company has a basic profile on LinkedIn, including a wealth management page for the company’s Asia Pacific division.
Verdict Financial’s “Super League In-Depth Analysis: Julius Baer 2016” is a comprehensive analysis of Julius Baer’s wealth management operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers recent MandA activity, customer targeting, and product innovation. Insight into Julius Baer’s growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including MandA activity.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of Julius Baer’s service and product proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of Julius Baer’s marketing and social media activities.
Reasons To Buy
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for Julius Baer and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore Julius Baer’s recent MandA and growth strategies and their impact on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand Julius Baer’s client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about Julius Baer’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.