Due to relentless efforts from governments and health organizations worldwide the smoking population has been declining globally since 2010, however smokeless tobacco products, escaping the regulatory sight have witnessed a steady rise in consumption. Smokeless tobacco products are a small category of tobacco products that are not burnt on consumption. Although smokeless tobaccos were perceived to challenge the combustible cigarette market, the entry of Big Tobacco converted the competition into alliance.
The report on ‘The Smokeless Tobacco Industry’ is a meticulous compilation of the various facets of the smokeless tobacco industry. After a thorough analysis of the current trends, the market dynamics chapter includes the key push and pull forces prevailing in the global smokeless tobacco market. Owing to the dependency of the market growth on the legal and regulatory framework, the report at each step has considered the effect of laws (both implemented and anticipated) in terms of regulations and taxation in estimation and forecast of the market size.
Big Tobacco companies have acquired smokeless tobacco brands in both the U.S. and Scandinavian region as well as rolled out their own products.Having identified the concentrated nature of the market, with few companies controlling majority of the market share, the market share for top companies including Reynolds American, Imperial Tobacco, Altria and Swedish Match among others has been given for the U.S. moist snuff market and Scandinavian snus market.
The smokeless tobacco market is anticipated to grow due to growing smoking bans and awareness associated with cigarette consumption. The product choices are expected to evolve based on ease of use, cost and regulatory sights. Therefore, the smokeless tobacco market estimation and forecast has been initiated with an exhaustive set of assumptions, following which market size information for both key geographical areas and key products has been provided.
The report involves a mix of companies chosen on the basis of their market developments, revenue generation and market share in the industry. The companies profiled in the report include Altria, Imperial Tobacco, BAT, Swedish Match, JMJ Group, Manikchand Group and Swisher among others.
Key Questions answered in the report:
- How will the intensity of competitive rivalry evolve through the forecast period?
- Which factors will be driving the market through the forecast period?
- What factors are currently challenging smokeless tobacco market?
- How are the regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) among others participating in the industry?
- What are the prevalent smokeless tobacco product types and what is the market size for each of them?
- What are the key geographical regions and what is their market share in the global market?
- How will the smokeless tobacco market grow in the next ten years?
- Who are the key players in the smokeless tobacco market?