The Internet of Things (IoT) will be a driver of substantial software development in infrastructure, platforms, devices, security, applications and services. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) represents an important go-to-market aspect of IoT for early distribution and as a value-add to IoT product capabilities and/or service offerings. IoT also raises Importance of Value-added Resellers (VAR), Systems Integrators (SI), and Independent Software Vendors (ISV).
This research identifies opportunities for software in IoT including OEM providers. Mind Commerce also evaluates the market opportunities and outlook for OEM channels and quantifies the markets and business for IoT software. The report includes detailed forecasts for 2016 to 2021. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- IoT software revenue will reach $379B by 2021, 23% of total revenue
- OEM IoT Software markets will grow to $329 billion with a CAGR of 10.8%
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) will be most significant for IoT software operation
- Over 10% of IoT software revenue will be attributed to distributed computing by 2021
- OEM software developers
- IoT service and app developers
- Network operators and other CSPs
- Big Data and data management companies
- IoT software, platform, and infrastructure providers
- ISV, SI, and VAR channels for software implementation