The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The China semiconductor industry size projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.8%”
The China semiconductor industry is expected to reach USD 157.66 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 12.8% between 2016 and 2020. The major driving factors for the China semiconductor industry are the growing demand for semiconductors from major verticals and favorable government initiatives. There are also various opportunities available for the growth of the China semiconductor industry such as investment from foreign players and emerging new concepts.
“IC market by component to hold the largest market share by 2020”
Integrated Circuit (IC) is expected to hold the largest market share by 2020. The IC segment accounted for almost two-thirds of the total semiconductor industry in China in 2015. The increasing demand for smartphones and tablets as well as applications in consumer electronics and the automotive sector are expected to be the key drivers for the growth of the logic ICs segment. The demand for analog ICs is expected to be driven by the growth in the automotive and telecommunications sector. This share is expected to increase in the near future.
“Automotive market by end user to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The market for the automotive end user is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The increasing electronic content in automobiles has made the automotive electronics segments highly lucrative. The key trends in the automotive sector contributing to the rising semiconductor content in vehicles are IoT and intelligent transportation systems (ITS). The increasing availability, growing consumer awareness about fossil fuel pollution, and decreasing prices have led to the steady growth of hybrid and electric car shipments.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people.
The break-up of the profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1% – 20 %, Tier 2% – 45%, and Tier 3% – 35%
- By Designation: C-level Executives – 50%, Directors – 35%, and Managers – 15%
The report also profiles major players in the China semiconductor industry, namely, SK Hynix Inc. (South Korea), HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC) (China), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), and Micron Technology Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons To Buy the report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis including industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, value chain analysis, PESTEL analysis and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the China semiconductor industry; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on semiconductor products and services offered by the top players in the China semiconductor industry
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Detailed insights on latest merger and acquisition activities and expansion in the semiconductor industry
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about mergers and acquisitions, contracts, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the China semiconductor industry
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the China semiconductor industry