The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Duty free channel has produced notable growth over the last five years; however, it was far below its potential as the market was largely impacted by recession and the European crisis. Over the next five years, the market is expected to expand at a faster rate mainly driven by increasing number of international travelers, supported by growth of low cost airlines and new air routes across the world, modernization of airports, and new duty free retail space. In addition, organic growth in Asia-Pacific duty free market on the back of high Chinese spending and expansion of duty free retail space will contribute to the global sales.
- Global will register CAGR of 6.7% during 2015-2020 with Asia-Pacific contributing to majority of the sales
- South Korea is the largest market globally and will retain its position growing at a CAGR of 9.6%
- India will be the fastest growing market at 20.7% during 2015-2020, followed by Japan, which will enter top 10 largest market list at the seventh position in 2020
- Cosmetic and toiletries was the largest category in 2015 and is set to witness a CAGR of 7.9% during the next five years, driven by demand for Korean cosmetics, introduction of specialized concepts promoting higher customer engagement
The “Global Duty Free Retailing, 2015-2020” report, published by Verdict Research, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for retail sales in different product categories sold through duty free channel across the globe.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2020 by country and category; covers 50 countries and 20 categories, including clothing, consumer electronics, drinks, footwear, homewares, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, packaged food, health and beauty, photographic equipment, printed media, sports equipment, tobacco, toys and games, and others
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors on a regional and country basis
- International arrivals by country and top 10 source countries for international arrivals in top 20 countries
- Retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates for each country
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators in the region and their five year duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events, and outlook
Reasons To Buy
Get immediate access to:
- Get reliable duty free retail sales data on 50 countries worldwide for 2015 with forecasts for 2020, and identify the largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data by country and categories to spot and target key categories in each country, and use to plan growth opportunities and develop strategies for each
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Make country level comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams and align marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing duty free spending in the region
- Choose partners , understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free operators in the region, including market shares, trading performance, locations, latest developments, and the outlook for each