A combination of a distinct product image and an original "brand message" targeting a specific consumer group is necessary to succeed in the crowded eye make-up market. The equally important demand for functionality has contributed to the numerous launches of eye shadow palettes that have recently dominated the category.
- Combining versatility with the ability to customize is key to creating a successful make-up palette.
- Providing the audience with what is needed for both elaborate and less intricate make-up routines within one compact case will also help justify a higher price tag.
- A bold and sometimes provocative product image can serve as a powerful tool, helping to build a desired brand perception and appeal to the experimental Millennial crowd.
- Manufacturing methods can help create a "feel-good" element, boosting the brand’s perceived ethical values.
Success Case Study: Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette is part of Canadean’s Successes and Failures research and explores the international success of Naked Eyeshadow Palette.
- WHAT? Understand the idea behind the bestselling palette concept and how the brand was established.
- WHY? Explore the consistent product image and its elements.
- TAKE-OUT: Learn powerful lessons from the success that can have a tangible impact on your own brand’s success
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.