"The defence market in India is driven by modernisation programmes, offset policies, and threats from neighbouring countries. This Frost & Sullivan research service provides an overview of key regional trends in the Indian defence market. The research identifies key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities, and analyses their impact in India. An opportunity analysis also is provided.
The research service provides key findings, competitive landscapes, and strategic recommendations for companies that want to enter the Indian defence market.
- The defence market in India is driven by modernisation programmes, huge market size, offset policy, and threats from neighbour countries.
- The air platforms segment will be the most attractive segment in the country over the next decade, followed by the naval platforms.
- India will be the most sought after market for foreign defence suppliers due to large procurement plans in all three defence services.
- The Indian defence industry is currently undergoing a transition with increased participation from the private sector for direct bids.
- India’s offset policy will be instrumental in enhancing the indigenous defence production capability in India.
- The trend of formation of joint ventures between foreign suppliers and private players is likely to continue due to the strong hold of public sector undertakings in the Indian Defence market.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)