The global SiC fibers market is projected to reach USD 510.28 million by 2021, registering a CAGR of 2.91% from 2016 to 2021. The market is witnessing a moderate growth owing to increasing applications, technological advancements, and growing demand for these high-performance fibers in Asia-Pacific and North America. SC fibers are largely used in aerospace applications. The rapid growth of the market is driven by technological advancement in the aerospace, nuclear, and power generation industries.“Continuous/long fibers to have the largest share between 2016 and 2021”
Continuous/long fibers are projected to witness the highest growth in the SiC fibers market. The continuous fibers are also known as tow. SiC continuous fibers are used as reinforcement materials for ceramic composites materials (CMC) and plastic composite materials (PMC). These fibers possess high strength, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance, even in extreme conditions. Through composite reinforcement, SiC fibers provide improved performance opportunities to ceramic, plastic, and metal (CMC, PMC, and MMC) matrices.
“North America: The largest market for SiC fibers”
North America accounted for the largest share in the SiC fibers market in 2015. The U.S. is a prominent player in this market. All major applications, including aerospace, nuclear application, power generation, chemical, and petrochemicals are expected to use SiC fibers in the next five years. The demand for SiC fibers from these applications are expected to increase after 10 years.
This study has been validated through primary interviews conducted with various industry experts worldwide. These primary sources have been divided into three categories, namely, by company, by designation, and by region.
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 45%, Tier 2- 35%, and Tier 3- 20%
- By Designation- C Level- 35%, D Level- 25%, and Others- 40%
- By Region- North America- 45%, Europe- 30%, Asia-Pacific- 20%, and RoW- 5%
- SGL Group- The Carbon Company (Germany)
- UBE Industries (Japan)
- NGS Advanced Fibers Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- COI Ceramics (U.S.)
- Specialty Materials (U.S.)
- Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Saint-Gobain (France)
- Volzhsky Abrasive Works (Russia)
- Washington Mills (U.S.)
- Comprehensive coverage and analysis of the SiC fibers market in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Competitive landscape of major players and their developments in the market
- Identifying high-potential opportunities for SiC fibers
- Identifying and targeting high-growth application segments