This research service evaluates the concept of carbon-neutral manufacturing across multiple regions. The study indicates that investments made towards de-carbonization initiatives can be accepted as a business case to attain ROI. Some of the strategies embraced by production companies to achieve carbon neutrality have been identified. A number of vendors are embracing carbon-neutral manufacturing, one such provider being Siemens, which has a four-tier strategy toward de-carbonization. Its unique strategy includes using intelligent distribution systems at its sites using photovoltaic cell installation, enforcing sustainable power generation through wind farms and hydro power plants, and incorporating low-loss power transmission systems.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- What are trends in carbon-neutral manufacturing? What are their impact on manufacturing industries?
- What are the current and future carbon emission rates in NA, EME, APAC, and ROW? What is the contribution by the industrial sector?
- What is the outcome of COP 21 and what is its impact on manufacturing industries? How will IIoT-enabled energy management technologies help this carbon-neutral manufacturing initiative?
- What are some of the key examples that illustrate the carbon-neutral manufacturing programs across industry verticals?
- What are top 3 predictions that are posed to happen as a result of carbon-neutral manufacturing initiatives?