Many consumers opt for heritage brands for an authentic tobacco sensation, while others look for indulgence, status, and fun through smoking. Such preference opens doors for premium, novel, and/or sensory products. Smokeless tobacco is also an important niche that is gaining ground with a specific consumer group.
- Specialty and heritage brands are most popular among consumers in the Middle East and North Africa area and the Central and South America region.
- 46% of consumers globally say that they smoke occasionally.
- Affluent consumers and those in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa are the most likely to say they smoke because they enjoy it.
- Younger consumers are more likely to buy smokeless tobacco.
"Top Trends in Tobacco and Anti-Smoking" seeks to explore the key trends and future opportunities that are being shaped by the changing consumer behaviors and needs in the tobacco products space.
- CONSUMER INSIGHT: Data analyzed from Canadean’s consumer surveys delivers a clear picture of the global consumer in relation to tobacco categories.
- TRENDS: Understand the key consumer and innovation trends impacting the global market and analyze the key implications across packaging, formulation, and positioning.
- INNOVATION: See the best examples of innovation and recommendations for brands operating in the market.
Reasons To Buy
- Find out what innovations will shape the tobacco market. This report maps five new innovation opportunities, highlighting their influence across cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, smoking tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and anti-smoking aids. Find out how to target new opportunities in the market. Product examples and key recommendations will help you derive key strategies in areas such as formulation and packaging.
- Understand consumer attitudes and behaviors and alter your strategy to target the right consumer group with the right message.