“Recloser Market, By Voltage Rating (Up to 15 kV, 16 kV–27 kV, and Above 27 kV), By Control (Electric and Hydraulic), By Phase Type (Single Phase, Three Phase, and Triple-Single Phase), and By Region – Global Trends & Forecast to 2021”
The recloser market is expected to reach a size of USD 1033.0 million by 2021, at a CAGR of 3.90% from 2016 to 2021. The power sector offers a promising future, with growing demands for electricity, following increasing urbanization in developing nations.
Three phase recloser: The fastest growing segment in the global recloser market
Three phase reclosers have been predominantly used in industrial applications, due to their large power-carrying capacity and suitability for operations of heavier electrical equipment. They are used in the three phase distribution systems. Asia-Pacific and South America are expected to show high growth in the three phase distribution segment, owing to the increasing demand for three phase power from industries in India, China, Brazil, and Argentina. Hence, the demand for three phase reclosers is expected to be higher in these countries.
North America: The fastest growing region in the global recloser market
The recloser market in North America is expected to grow at the highest growth rate, due to a large number of distribution automation projects in the U.S. The Asia-Pacific region will become the largest market by 2021, given smart grid initiatives, high investments in T&D infrastructure development, energy efficiency measures, and renewable projects. Governments in the region have taken various steps for renewable energy programs, driving the demand for the usage of reclosers.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, corporate-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants among other experts to obtain & verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as assess future market prospects. Distribution of primary interviews is as follows
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 20%, Tier2-45%, and Tier 3-35%
- By Designation: Corporate-Level-25%, Director Level-35%, and Others*-40%
- By Region: Americas-45%, Europe, Middle East & Africa-30%, Asia-Pacific-25%
Note: *Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers
The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015: Tier 1 = >USD 10 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 10 billion, and Tier 3 = Leading players of this industry have been profiled with their recent developments and other strategic activities. These include ABB Limited (Switzerland), Siemens AG (Germany), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), General Electric Company (U.S.), and Eaton Corporation (Ireland).
Why buy this report?
- The report identifies and addresses key markets for reclosers, which is useful for suppliers and OEMs to review production and distribution plans
- The report includes analysis for key countries by voltage rating of reclosers, i.e., Up to 15 kV, 16 kV–27 kV, and above 27 kV. It analyzes historical trends and also forecast for 2021, assisting in strategic decision making
- It also presents competition by analyzing recent market developments such as key contracts, expansions, and new product launches from the key global market players. It helps understand the competition strategies and plan respective initiatives