Combustible cigarettes continue to propel the tobacco industry with increasing revenue at a global level. Although, the smoking population has been declining since 2010, the per capita consumption and consequentially the count of cigarettes remain constant, if not increasing. E-cigarettes or Electronic cigarette are electronically operated devices, designed to imitate the look and feel of conventional cigarettes. Developed in 2003, the market started gaining traction commercially in 2012 and the devices since then have transitioned through three generations of product innovation. While e-cigarettes were perceived to challenge the combustible cigarette market, the entry of Big Tobacco converted the competition into alliance.
The report on ‘The Europe E-cigarette and Vaporizer Device and Aftermarket’ is a meticulous compilation of the various facets of the e-cigarette industry. After a thorough analysis of the current trends, the market dynamic chapter includes the key push and pull forces prevailing in the European e-cigarette market. Owing to the dependency of the market growth on the legal and regulatory framework, the report at each step has considered the effect of laws (both implemented and anticipated) in terms of regulations and taxation in estimation and forecast of the market size. Moreover, the key consortiums and compliance influencing the e-cigarette market in the country have also been included in the report.
Big Tobacco companies started competing aggressively acquiring the top e-cigarettes brands and rolled out their own brands with newer and technologically advanced products. Moreover, a few companies also got involved in legal battle over patents, in order to maintain their market positions. Having identified the fluctuating landscape in the European market, the competitive insights chapter lays special emphasis on the key strategies and developments including the prominent acquisitions, product developments, partnership, business expansion, and lawsuits among others. The products of the top e-cigarette brands have been benchmarked on the basis of factors such as performance, efficiency, global presence, and battery life among others.
The e-cigarette market is anticipated to grow amidst ongoing legal fluctuations and varying vaping preferences. Moreover, the product choices might differ in the future owing to the hefty taxations that are anticipated on both device and e-liquid (the liquid which converts into vapor). Therefore, the European e-cigarette market estimation and forecast has been initiated with an exhaustive set of assumptions, following which are the key trends and market size information for both device and components. The market has been further estimated and forecast based on the prevalent distribution channel, i.e. online and retail and by the source of origin.
The report involves a mix of 50+ companies chosen on the basis of their market developments, revenue generation and market share in the industry. The companies profiled in the report include Altria, Imperial Tobacco, Japan Tobacco, EdSylver, J Well, Nicare, and red-kiwi among others.
Key Questions answered in the report:
- How will the market players leverage on key developments such as acquisitions, partnerships, and product launch among others?
- Which factors are currently impacting the market and how will the impact change through the forecast period?
- What factors are currently challenging the European e-cigarette market and how can they be addressed through the forecast period?
- What are the prevalent e-cigarette product types and what is the market size for each of them?
- How will the aftermarket (e-liquid, atomizers, and battery) grow in the next ten years?
- Which consortiums are active in the European e-cigarette market?
- How are the regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) participating in the industry?
- Which compliances and certifications are necessary to make a product acceptable among the users (especially the first time vapers)?
- Which country is leading the European e-cigarette market?
- How will the competitive rivalry in the region evolve through the forecast period?
- Who are the key players in the European e-cigarette market?