Voice Recognition (VR) technology is primarily focused only on infotainment use cases. However, Original Equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier-I suppliers are significantly investing in biometric and machine learning technologies. Even though OEM’s are trying to adopt cloud-based and hybrid solutions, they are still dependent on embedded solutions as a back-up option, as hybrid and cloud-based solutions are facing infrastructure and security challenges. This report presents an analysis of the automotive voice recognition market and identifies the growth potential of various market segments. It also provides an overview of the level of OEM involvement in the voice recognition space and profiles key technology enablers.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- What are the various use-cases with voice recognition technology in cars?
- Does voice biometrics have a promising future within in-car operations?
- What are the various trends related to voice recognition with the advent of autonomous cars?
- What are the supplier capabilities and interest levels towards implementing voice recognition in automotive vehicles?
- What are the research and development (R&D) capabilities and future investment of technology enablers for voice recognition?