Global agricultural films market is expected to reach a market value of $10.5 billion by end of 2020 with an annual growth rate of 6.8% during 2015-2020. Agricultural films are treated as a modern day application used in many innovative agricultural practices. Population growth leading to growing food demand and pressure for improved agricultural productivity has augmented the market for agricultural films. These are employed as protective covers positioned over soil, green houses, and fodder crops.
Agricultural films are used extensively for soil protection, green house farming and mulching. The benefits derived from the films are- reduced soil erosion and compaction, temperature control, nutrient conservation, seed germination, weed control and protection against UV Rays etc.
Growing need to elevate agricultural productivity in order to sustain the food demand of a growing global population are the primary reasons behind commercialization of these specialty products. Shrinking farm lands and cost efficiency of the products further help the market to retain market growth. Biodegradable and bio-based agricultural films would be on a great demand in the future. However, regulations pertaining to environmental safety and wastage issue are the major obstacles for market growth.
Depending on the need and topography, various types of films are applied in agriculture namely- Low Density Polyethylene, Linear Low Density Polyethylene, High Density Polyethylene, Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA)/Ethylene Butyl Acrylate (EBA), Reclaims etc. Linear low density polyethylene has the highest market penetration with the fastest growth rate globally. Low density films are the second largest with more than one-fifth of the market share. By application, the market is segmented into green house, silage and mulch; out of these, mulching is the leading application segment accounting for 45% of the global market share.
Asia-Pacific account for majority of the market demand led by China. The country holds the highest usage of agricultural films both in the region and globally. Shifting focus of consumers towards biodegradable films act as major drivers for mature markets like Europe and North America. Rest of the world involving South America and Africa will experience average growth over the next few years.
Owing to presence of several small-scale and regional players, global market place for agricultural films is highly fragmented. Major companies operating in the global market with considerable market share are-BP Industries, Britton Group, BASF, AEP Industries Inc., Ab Rani Plast Oy etc. Investment on R&D for product innovation is the major strategy followed by market players religiously. Merger and acquisitions and strategic collaboration with biotechnology farms are some of the effective strategies employed over the years.
In this report we offer,
- Market analysis for the Global Agricultural Films Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Agricultural Films Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped