The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global market for biological seed treatment is projected to reach US$420.4 million by 2020, thereby exhibiting the faster CAGR of 9.8% between 2015 and 2020, when compared to the chemical seed treatment market. North America forms the dominant region in terms of demand for biological seed treatment, estimated to account for a share of 49.3% in 2015, though Asia-Pacific is anticipated to outpace all other global markets by registering a 2015-2020 CAGR of 11.6% for biological seed treatment demand.
The market for seed treatment gains in significance due to a number of factors, prominent among which are agronomic trends that comprise development of high quality seeds through the enhanced potential offered by genetically modified organisms (GMOs), changes in climatic conditions, increasing rates of crop rotation, flexibility in sowing approaches and greater pressure from regulatory requirements. Primary requirements of seed treatment include capability of offering good protection during the germination period, supporting early plant development and enhancing stress tolerance at an early stage. These can be achieved by improving the quality of seed treatment products that offer ease of application at low rates. In short, it may be summed up that the foundation for the future lies in the concept of innovation in seed treatment.
Syngenta, Bayer CropScience and BASF are the top three players in the global seed treatment market, with all of them having an extensive portfolio of agricultural products and solutions. While BioWorks Inc, Advanced Biological Marketing Inc and Valent USA Corp are comparatively smaller players, they offer the potential of becoming big game changers in the area of seed treatment in future. Each company has adopted an individual approach in terms of strategy for future growth. A few have focused on horizontal growth by expanding their presence in emerging markets that offer greatest scope for future prospects, while yet others have been content to operate within their established boundaries and go in for vertical growth by concentrating on innovations in the area of products and solutions.
This report from Mordor Intelligence provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market for biological seed treatment. Companies covered in the report include Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd), Advanced Biological Marketing Inc, BASF SE, Becker Underwood, Bayer CropScience AG, BioWorks Inc, BrettYoung Limited, Chemtura AgroSolutions, DuPont, Germains Seed Technology, INCOTEC Group BV, INTX Microbials LLC, Monsanto Company, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Plant Health Care, Precision Laboratories LLC, Syngenta International AG, Valent USA Corporation and Wolf Trax Inc.
In this report we offer,
- Market analysis for the Global Biological Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Biological Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped