The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Growing urbanization and changing lifestyles are driving demand for convenience and packaged foods. In the processed and packaged foods, ensuring food safety and quality throughout the farm to fork value chain is a major concern. To meet this demand, food additives are used. Food additives are used to enhance the taste, color, texture of food, same time maintaining the freshness and nutritional content. Europe dominates the food additives demand, accounting for more than 32% of global consumption, in 2015.The Russian market for food additives is estimated to grow at a CAGR of ~% during 2015-2020.
Russia is one of the fastest growing emerging markets and in order address the supply chain complexities, food additives are used to meet food safety and security. Health consciousness is growing among the population , thus driving the market for natural food additives in the Russian region. Due to growing concerns on the safety of food additives, EU legislation laid down stringent regulations for products entering the EU market. Food additives, enzymes and flavorings should be approved by EU before being marketed in Europe. Russian government prohibits the use of food additives if safety testing is incomplete. Rules are established by the Russian legislation to establish safety requirements for food additives in order to make products safe for human consumption.
The food additives market is segmented by type viz. Preservatives, Food flavors and Flavor enhancers, Antioxidants, Sweeteners, Emulsifiers, Anti Caking agents, Enzymes, Fat replacers, Acidulants and others (texturizer, shelf life stabilizers, etc). The fastest growing segment is the Sweetener type which is seen as an alternative to sugar used in food and beverages. Food Additives find major applications Bakery & Confectionary, Dairy & Frozen products, Oils & Fats, Savory snacks, Meat poultry & Sea food products, beverages and others.
The major players in the market are Cargill, Tate & Lyle, Palsgaard, DuPont, DSM, Givaudan, Brenntag, Novozymes, International Flavors and Fragrances, etc. The strategies being adopted in the Food additives industry is in the Innovation category under the development of natural food additives and functional food ingredients to meet the customer demand. In countries like Russia local companies take a larger market share. Another major opportunity is in the functional food additives and natural additives market with demand for Omega 3, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants enriched foods. Companies need to undertake ?clean label’ solutions to meet the safety standards to cater to the global food consumption. The FAO/WHO committee along with ESFA and CODEX determines the acceptable standards of food additives to be used. However, General standard for Food Additives (GSFA) needs a wider acceptance for improved International Trade.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Russia Food Additives Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Russia Food Additives Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.