The demand for natural food products is increasing among the health conscious consumer. This has resulted in the tremendous growth of the global hydrocolloids market. Hydrocolloids function as binding agents, stabilizers, emulsifiers, thickeners and gelling agents. The global market for hydrocolloids is expected to reach a value of US$ 8,000 million by 2020 with a growing CAGR of 5.7%.
The market is largely driven by increased Research & Development and innovations in hydrocolloids. Consumer preference for natural ingredients and the varied applications of hydrocolloids in the food and beverage industry are some of the reasons for the uptick in demand. The changing consumer demographics in terms of lifestyle changes and growing working population resulting in consumer demand for convenience and processed foods, especially among the emerging nations. This is seen as an opportunity for the manufacturers to adopt hydrocolloids in their manufacturing process. However, the market is mainly constrained by the demand – supply imbalances. Seasonal changes cause volatility in the raw material pricing, thus raising costs for manufacturers. In spite of restrains, the market sees huge potential for growth.
The market is segmented based on type which includes gelatin, xanthan gum, starch, carrageenan and others. Majority of the hydrocolloids require raw materials to be sourced from seaweeds, plants, animals and microorganisms. Hydrocolloids are used for a wide range of applications, such as bakery, confectionery, meat & poultry, beverage, and dairy& frozen products. Bakery and Confectionary dominate the market share for hydrocolloids. Based on regions the market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, South America and Africa. In 2015, North America was the largest market for hydrocolloids followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region followed by Europe for the period 2015-2020. Changing lifestyles of consumers and increasing awareness on nutritional food is driving the hydrocolloids market in developing countries, such as India and China.
The major players in the food hydrocolloids market include CP Kelco , Cargill Inc., Ashland Inc., Kerry Group , Hawkins Watts, DuPont, and Royal DSM . The key strategies being used by these market players are that of focusing on expansion of new facilities and launching new products & Services.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Food Hydrocolloids Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Food Hydrocolloids Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.