By application area, crop-based end-uses of pesticides are likely to maintain the fastest growth in terms of volume consumed and value demand during the similar period, and retain the leading raking in terms of largest application area. Among crop based pesticides, oil seeds crop protection chemicals forms the fastest moving category. The market will witness the growth of CAGR 6.5% during the forecast period and is expected to reach USD 8008.69 million by 2020.
The principal sources of oils derived from seeds include palm, soybean, rapeseed (canola), sunflower seed, peanut, cottonseed, palm kernel, coconut and olive. Production levels of oil sources have a direct correlation with consumption of oils derived from them, with consumers in some regions being highly specific in regard to the cooking oil to be used. Pesticides have played a positive role in controlling various forms of diseases caused through a range of sources in promoting growth of oilseed-bearing crops. Increased demand for restricting damage to crops has necessitated greater use of various kinds of pesticides for controlling or eliminating weeds, insects and fungi. Several developments across various formats of pesticides have been successful in countering highly resistant forms of infestations, and this trend is likely to continue into the future, too.
Factors driving the markets for pesticides applications in crops include improving crop yields to meet the requirements of increasing population and decreasing arable lands. On the other hand, regulatory authorities such as EPA (Environment Protection Agency) frequently come up with stringent laws related to curbing pesticide use for alleviating environmental damage and increasing consumer awareness about pesticide consumption, which is expected to be instrumental in slowing down growth in demand for synthetic pesticides. In addition, several highly toxic pesticides have either been banned or are in the process of being phased out, thereby opening new avenues for growth in demand for Biopesticides
This report provides segmentation based on application type viz Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides and Other Synthetic Pesticides, while categories of Biopesticides include Bioherbicides, Bioinsecticides, Biofungicides and Other Biopesticides. Synthetic pesticides dominate the global scenario in terms of volume consumption and value demand, though Biopesticides are slated to register faster growth in both these parameters over the 2015-2020 analysis period. In terms of regional demand, North America would continue to be dominant for consumption of pesticides in oilseed applications, while Asia-Pacific would record fastest growth. Growing population in developing regions that require adequate sustenance would propel the growth of pesticide use in this key application area.
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets. The focus in this industry should be on Integrated pest management techniques and sustainable practices for an improved yield without harming the environment.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Global Oil Seed Crop Protection Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Oil Seed Crop Protection Market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.