The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global biopesticides market is expected to reach $XX Million by 2020 from $2466.70 Million in 2015, witnessing a double digit market growth during the forecasted period. Biopesticides are derived from microorganisms and other natural sources, and are an ecofriendly alternative to the synthetic pesticides. They offer a unique and innovative approach to the management of weeds using formulated microbial agents as an active ingredient. Microbes that have been used in this approach include fungi, bacteria, viruses and nematodes.
While the prevalence of chemical or synthetic pesticides in crop protection would continue, human, animal and environmental health concerns would play key roles in driving growth for Biopesticides. Several countries are adopting a stringent approach concerning the amount of imports, with a special focus on regulating the quantity of pesticide residues. As a result, the demand for regulated food safety and quality is becoming larger. Another reason, for the growers to adopt biopesticides in their farming practices. In spite of their low toxicity and environment impact levels, biopesticides have a major restrain in the form of high costs and low availability. As biopesticides have high specificity towards pest, different biopesticides need to be used for different pests apart from frequent reapplication instituted due to low life span. Thus increasing the cost sentiment among the growers, and in turn proving to be a constraint.
The report is segmented based on type, application and geography. Based on type the market is segmented as bioherbicides, bioinsecticides and biofungicides, with their application on both crop based and Non crop based categories. Emerging economies in Asia-Pacific are likely take the lead in adoption of Biopesticides, however, North America, Europe and South America will also show fast growth in the segment. The market is seeing severe competition from big and small firms, with the larger firms adopting acquisition strategy to create a foothold in the Biopesticide market. Some of the leading players are Marrone Bio innovations, Valent Biosciences, Certis LLc, Agraquest, and Koppert Biological systems. The future opportunity for the companies lies in increasing registrations of Biopesticides in various regional markets. As EPA requires less data and provides a simpler registration process, with the registration process completing with a year when compared to three year tenure for synthetic pesticides; more companies should take a voluntary step towards increasing the biopesticide portfolio. Also, increasing awareness on the products advantages among the growers community along with ease of access will further grow the market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the global biopesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global biopesticides market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.