The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The North America Seed coating market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period 2016-2021; the market value for the year 2015 is reported to be $308.9 million. Seed coating is enhancing seed performance by addition of chemicals to protect the seed from pathogens.
This situation has generated an opportunity for seed coating companies. The benefits of seed coating like low seeding rate and less seedling damage are leading to more manufacture of coated seeds it is one of the simplest, safest, and most effective ways to treat any seed. Seed coating materials market in North America is driven by factors like seed technology development, low risk investment and adaption of advanced farming technologies that necessitates the use of seed coating. While sustainable agricultural practices will lead to higher demand of seed coatings, disposability of coating materials and environmental concerns would create obstacle for market growth.
The North American seed coating materials market is segmented on the basis of type, application and geography. Polymer has the largest market share among coating material type and is projected to grow with the increasing demand for coated seeds in the agriculture industry. Colorant is another important material accounting for around 25% of all the seed coatings materials used. The application of coating material is more in cereals and grain seeds accounting for more than 40% of the market share.
North America is invariably the largest consumer of cereals & grains and largest market of polymer in 2015, all the factors made North America most prominent market. The key markets in the region are United States, Canada and Mexico.
Major players leading the seed coating materials market are Bayer Cropscience AG, BASF SE, Chemtura Corporation, Incotec Group etc. The leading players in this market adopted various strategies to strengthen the market opportunities and increase their market shares. Acquisitions, agreements & joint ventures are the major strategies adopted by major players.
In this report we offer,
- Market analysis for the North America Seed Coating Materials Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America Seed Coating Materials Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped