The patient handling equipment market is expected to reach USD 17.18 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 10.5%. Patient handling equipment is used to support, transfer, or move a patient. Technological advancements in this field have led to the development of products that are easy to use and prevent musculoskeletal injuries in caregivers (that may occur during the manual shifting of patients).On the basis of product, the market is divided into wheelchairs and scooters, medical beds, bathroom safety supplies, mechanical equipment, non-mechanical equipment, ambulatory aids, and others (stretchers, hospital furniture, and evacuation equipment, among others). The medical beds segment is expected to account for the largest share of the patient handling equipment market in 2016. Growth in this segment can be attributed to the increasing demand for medical beds in private nursing homes and home care.
On the basis of end users, the patient handling equipment market is segmented into home care settings, hospitals, elderly care facilities, and other end users (emergency medical services, long-term acute care, trauma centers, and nursing homes). The hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market, while the home care segment is expected to show the highest growth.
Europe is expected to account for largest share of the patient handling equipment market 2016. North America is expected to grow at the highest rate due to the increasing incidences of lifestyle diseases and government regulations mandating the use of patient handling equipment. The growth of the Asia-Pacific region is propelled by the rapidly growing patient handling industry and government efforts to maintain the quality standards of products manufactured in the region.
Reasons To Buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the patient handling equipment market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on products offered by the top players in the patient handling equipment market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the patient handling equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for patient handling equipment across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the market