"Improving economics and quality of construction are set to drive the waterproofing chemicals market”
The market size of waterproofing chemicals is estimated to reach USD 30.88 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 12.1%. The use of waterproofing chemicals, in the form of waterproofing admixtures, is used for the reduction in water-cement ratio, early and delayed forming of concrete, enhanced durability, modification in physical and chemical properties (strength, resistance to corrosion, and weather resistance). All these properties have enabled the use of waterproofing chemicals for almost every application. Therefore, the market is set to grow with the growth in related industries during the forecast period.
Waste & water management application is estimated to register the highest growth between 2016 and 2021. The high growth is attributed to the increasing population, urbanization, and industrialization, due to which there is an increased need for water management activities to optimize the use of water in developing as well as developed countries. In 2015, the waste & water management segment accounted for the third largest market share among all applications, in terms of value and volume.
“Rising demand from Asia-Pacific is a major driver of the waterproofing chemicals market“
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market of waterproofing chemicals, in terms of value and volume, in the forecast period. China and India are the two major markets of waterproofing chemicals in Asia-Pacific. The Chinese building & construction industry has the largest share in Asia-Pacific resulting in an increased growth of the market. Also, under building & construction industry, relatively high growth was witnessed under the commercial building & construction industry, and, high-end real estate, which is expected to drive the demand for waterproofing chemicals in both China and India.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Others – 7%
- By Designation: C level – 56%, Director level – 33%, and Others –- 11%
- By Region: North America – 27%, Europe – 46%, Asia-Pacific – 20%, and RoW* – 7%
The key companies profiled in this report are The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), and Wacker Chemie AG (Germany), and waterproofing system manufacturing companies, such as, SIKA AG (Switzerland), Carlisle Companies Inc. (U.S.), and W.R Grace & Company (U.S.).
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the waterproofing chemicals market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the market size in terms of value and volume for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, expansions, agreements, acquisitions, and joint ventures.