The AMDR market is estimated to be valued at USD 8.79 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 12.52 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.34% from 2016 to 2021. With increased demand for defense surveillance over porous and attack-prone borders, greater spending on defense sector by developing countries, and rise in terrorism and ongoing inter-country conflicts, the market for AMDRs is expanding subsequently. Rapidly increasing deployment of ballistic and stealth missiles in active warzones around the world, such as the Middle-Eastern countries, have also pushed the demand for AMDRs significantly.“Naval-based radars are expected to grow the fastest in the AMDR market”
Naval-based AMDRs have the fastest growing market among other types of AMDR systems in North America, followed by naval radars. For example, Raytheon has been most active in the production of naval-specific radars, such as AMDR and Radar Suite Controller (RSC), designed for engagement of threats and long-range detection. The company enjoys high segmental revenue and geographic spread. Lockheed Martin has a decent geographic spread. It is followed by BAE Systems and SAAB.
“North American region holds a dominant market share in the global AMDR market”
The AMDR market, by region, is dominated by the North America nations, which includes the U.S., and Canada. High defense expenditure by the U.S. is the major driver behind the high market share. AMDR is majorly being used for ground-based and naval-based purposes. AMDR are used as they are specialized radars with very less cross-section area. The U.S. government is investing heavily in the missile defense program. As an important component of the missile defense system, it is attracting huge investments in AMDR. There are several manufacturers of AMDR in the U.S., that produce majority of airborne, naval and ground-based AMDRs for the U.S. military. These manufacturers have dominated the AMDR markets for years.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for the AMDR report:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
In this report, the AMDR market is segmented into short, medium and long range strategic system. Radars are classified based on frequency band, which is used for transmission of signal. X-band and S- band radars are widely used for airborne based platform and ground based platform.
Reasons To Buy the report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis ? industry analysis, market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, , high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies, market drivers, restraints, opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on AMDR equipment offered by the top 10 players in the global AMDR market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the market
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading market players