"Growing demand for novel food & beverage products to drive the market for homogenizers”
The global market for homogenizers is projected to grow from USD 1.53 billion in 2016 to reach USD 1.94 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 4.92% from 2016 to 2021. The homogenizers market is driven by growing end user industries such as food & dairy, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, biotechnologies, and chemical industries. Furthermore, changing consumer lifestyles and growing consumption of novel food products are the biggest factors leading to increase in demand for homogenizers, as they help in manufacturing new categories of food products and also deactivate microbiological activities, thereby increasing the safety of food & beverage products.
The demand from the food & dairy sector is expected to experience a higher growth rate, mainly because of the adoption of the homogenization techniques in the food & beverage industry to produce food products that are rich in nutrients and low in Trans fats and sugar content. Several dairy products such as cheese, butter, whole milk powder, and skimmed milk powder are also manufactured through homogenization process. Dairy being the largest consumer of homogenizers provides a huge opportunity to the market to grow further, especially in the emerging Asia-Pacific and Latin American regions.
“Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2015”
The global homogenizers market is segmented, region-wise, into North America, Northern Europe, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the largest share among all the regions in 2015 and is projected to grow at the highest rate from 2016 to 2021. This is mainly due to increasing demand for homogenizers from countries such as China, India, and New Zealand, coupled with the growing food & beverage and dairy industries in these countries. India and New Zealand being the highest dairy producers and exporters, are expected to fuel the demand for homogenizers in the coming years.
Breakdown of primaries:
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of homogenizers. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 33%, Tier 3 – 17%
- By Designation: Director level – 50%, C level – 15%, Others – 35%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific – 47%, North America – 20%, Europe - 16%, Rest of the World – 17%
- Krones AG (Germany)
- GEA Group (Germany)
- SPX Corporation (U.S.)
- Sonic Corporation (U.S.)
- Avestin Inc. (Canada)
- Bertoli s.r.l (Italy)
- FBF Italia s.r.l (Italy)
- Netzsch Group [Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG] (Germany)
- PHD Technology International LLC (U.S.)
- Microfluidics International Corporation (U.S.)
- Ekato Holding GmbH (Germany), Alitec (Brazil), Simes SA (Argentina)
- Goma Engineering Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Milkotek-Hommak (Turkey)
- BOS Homogenizers B.V. (The Netherlands)
- Silverson Machines Inc. (U.K.)
- Frymakoruma GmbH (Germany)
- Shanghai Donghua High Pressure Homogenizer Factory
- Shanghai Jinzhu Machinery Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Precise Packaging, Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Samro Homogenizer Co., Ltd
- Yixing Yiqing Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Changzhou Chaoli Homogenizing Pump Factory
- Shanghai Jimei Food Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Wenzhou Gaoya Light Industry Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Jiadi Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Xianou Instruments Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- This report segments the market for homogenizers comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business