The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Intelligent Power module market projected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period”
The intelligent power module market size, in terms of value is expected to grow from USD 1.33 billion in 2015 to USD 2.42 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.0% between 2016 and 2022.
The intelligent power module market is driven by factors such as the ability of IPMs to increase system reliability by providing enhanced level of monitoring, enhancement of power infrastructure and the growing focus toward renewable power sources, and high growth potential of electric vehicles. The increasing demand of IPMs in the consumer electronics sector presents a growth opportunity to players in the IPM market.
The consumer vertical is expected to hold the largest share of the intelligent power module market by 2022, whereas the industrial vertical is expected to witness highest growth between 2016 and 2022. The compact design of intelligent power modules and their ability to increase energy efficiency has led to the use of IPMs in a number of industrial applications from servo drives to electric vehicles and UPSs. With the increasing focus on reducing carbon dioxide emissions as well as incorporating advanced technologies in vehicles, there has been a strong push toward the development of affordable electric and hybrid electric vehicles. intelligent power modules are an important component of power electronics that go into the inverters of such vehicles.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people.
The breakdown of the profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 20%, and Tier 3 – 30%
- By Designation: C level – 40%, Director level – 35%, Others – 25%
- By Region: North America – 15%, Europe – 30%, APAC – 40%, RoW – 15%
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Semikron (Nuremberg, Germany)
- ON Semiconductor Corporation (Arizona, U.S.)
- Infineon Technologies AG (Munich, Germany)
- STMicroelectronics N.V. (Geneva, Switzerland)
- ROHM Co., Ltd. (Kyoto, Japan)
- Sanken Electric Co., Ltd. (Saitama, Japan)
- Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc. (California, U.S.)
- Vincotech GmbH (Unterhacing, Germany)
- Powerex Inc. (Pennsylvania, U.S.)
- Future Electronics Inc. (Quebec, Canada)
- This report segments the intelligent market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the market size for the overall market and the subsegments across industries and regions.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the growth of the market.
- This report would help stakeholders understand the competitors and gain insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.