The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The full body scanners are widely installed at international airports across all regions of the world for airport security, and to combat terrorism and criminal activities. The airport full body scanner market is estimated to be valued at USD 79.0 million in 2016, and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.40% during the forecast period of 2016-2021.“Millimeter radio-wave scanner technology to witness the highest growth during the forecast period”
For scanning people at the airports, the trend is to replace walk-through x-ray scanners with active millimeter wave (MMW) full-body scanners. These can detect non-metal threat items and is not harmful for the human body. The millimeter wave scanners do not reveal the type of naked body images produced by backscatter x-ray scanners that have prompted public outrage. Instead, the operator sees a stick figure with any detected anomalies highlighted by yellow boxes. Security personnel can then limit their pat-down to those areas of the body highlighted by the scan, avoiding the full-body pat-downs, which both, passengers and security personnel have found awkward and at times, even offensive.
“The North American region to show the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The North American region is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the AFBS market during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021 due to a recent mandate by the TSA to install these scanners at each international airport in the U.S. This growth can be attributed majorly because this region has maximum number of international airports in which full body scanners are installed and therefore, the need for security is very crucial, which has led to the rise in demand for airport full body scanner.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for the report has been given below.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 –45 %, Tier 2 – 35% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 50%, Director level – 35%, Others – 15%
- By Region – North America - 44%, Europe – 35%, APAC – 15%, Middle East – 6%
The major companies profiled in the report include L-3 Security and Detection Systems (U.S.), Rapiscan (U.S.), and SafranMorpho (Germany), among others.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the airport full body scanner market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on airport full body scanner market offered by the top market players
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyzes the markets for airport full body scanner market across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the airport full body scanner market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the airport full body scanner market