The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) is defining Lifecycle Service Orchestration with APIs for existing network, NFV and SDN implementations enabling Agile, Assured and Orchestrated Services, Worldwide, otherwise known as “The Third Network”.
It is a characterized as a union of CE 2.0 (discussed below) and the Internet as a whole, which represents Assured QoS and Security for the former, and On-demand and Ubiquitous Access for the latter. In other words, the concept seeks to provide the best of both words.
Our research indicates it will not just be the obvious infrastructure providers and service providers that will benefit. We also see ancillary areas such as Data Center Storage and Software Defined Security as direct beneficiaries. This is because the more robust 3rd Network will engender the need for more secure storage for content, commerce, and communications-enabled applications.
This report evaluates the role of Cloud Computing relative to the emerging 3rd Network, Carrier Ethernet, CE 2.0, and Lifecycle Orchestration. This report assesses the impact of these technologies and provides forecasts for ancillary areas not addressed anywhere else. The report also includes an overview of supporting signaling technologies including SS7 for TDM networks and SIP for IP networks.
Purchasers of this report will also receive the following data and forecasts:
- Building Blocks of SDS for SDN Environment
- Global Security Solution Market and Verticals 2016 – 2021
- Global Software Defined Networking (SDN) Market and Segments 2016 – 2021
- Software Defined Security (SDS) Solution Market by Verticals 2016 – 2021
- Software Defined Security (SDS) Market by Modes of Solution 2016 – 2021
- Software Defined Security (SDS) Market by Solution Type 2016 – 2021
- Software Defined Security (SDS) Solution Market by Region
- Global Data Center Storage Market by Network Technology 2016 – 2021
- Data Center Storage Market by Types of Traditional Storage 2016 - 2021
- Global Data Center Storage Market by Application 2016 – 2021
- Data Center Storage Market by Region 2016 - 2021
- Global Data Center Storage Market by Industry Vertical 2016 – 2021
- Data Center Storage Service Market and Vertical Impact 2016 vs. 2021
- Global Storage System Shipment Projections 2016 vs. 2021
All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Cloud companies
- Ethernet providers
- Network operators
- Software developers
- Device manufacturers
- Infrastructure providers
- Broadband service providers