The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Miniaturization of semiconductor devices, improved performance, and reduced size driving the flip chip technology market”
The flip chip technology market is expected to grow from USD 19.01 billion in 2015 to USD 31.27 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.1% between 2016 and 2022. The flip chip technology market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for miniaturization and high performance in electronic devices, and strong penetration in the consumer electronics market.
CPUs packaged using the flip chip technology are estimated to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. The market for LED is expected to gain traction and grow at the highest CAGR in the next six years. These are the most sustainable product segments for the flip chip technology market. CPUs have a wide range of applications in computers, smartphones (application processor), high-end networks such as servers, wearables, and now automotive. The performance of application processor in smartphones and tablets remains a key feature leading to fierce competition among brands. Therefore, increasing need for more functionality and reduced package size is expected to drive the integration of flip chip technology in baseband and application processors for mobile platforms.
The market in APAC expected to witness highest growth during the forecast period
APAC accounted for the major market share of the overall flip chip technology market in 2015. Moreover, the market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. Asia-Pacific is a major manufacturing hub and expected to provide ample opportunities for the growth of flip chip technology. The growing demand for high performance in smartphones and automotive MCUs is driving the market in this region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews with key people have been conducted. The break-up of profile of primary participants is as given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 22%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 33%
- By Designation: C-level – 43%, Manager level – 57%
- By Region: North America – 12%, Europe – 38%, APAC – 25%, RoW – 25%
Various key players in the flip chip technology market profiled in the report are as follows:
- TSMC, Ltd. (Taiwan)
- Samsung (South Korea)
- Intel Corporation (U.S.)
- United Microelectronics Corporation (Taiwan)
- ASE Group (Taiwan)
- Amkor Technology (U.S.)
- STATS ChipPAC (Singapore)
- Powertech Technology (Taiwan)
- SPIL, Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
- JCET, Co., Ltd. (China)
- This report segments the flip chip technology market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the size of the overall market and sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to better understand a competitor and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions.