The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The diaphragm pumps market to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period”
The diaphragm pumps market is expected to reach a value of USD 3.48 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2016 to 2021. Development in water, wastewater, & sanitation sector and demand for diaphragm pumps from the chemical industry are driving the market globally. Meanwhile, the shale gas boom and upgrade of aging water & wastewater facilities in North America and government mandates demanding proper wastewater disposal in Europe are likely to boost the demand for diaphragm pumps in these two regions. In remaining regions including Asia-Pacific, the demand for diaphragm pumps would be influenced by urbanization, industrialization, and subsequent infrastructure development.
“The water & wastewater end-user segment would dominate the global market”
The water & wastewater segment is estimated to be the largest market for diaphragm pumps in 2016. Diaphragm pumps are capable of handling any kind of debris, making it ideal for conveying, metering, and other applications in the water & wastewater sector. Factors such as population growth, especially in urban areas, industrial development, increasing emphasis on wastewater treatment, international commitments & targets, and government policies would necessitate the growth of the water & wastewater sector. The demand for diaphragm pumps in this sector in the fast developing countries of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East & Africa regions is expected to rise rapidly.
“Asia-Pacific: The largest market for diaphragm pumps”
Asia-Pacific is currently the largest market for diaphragm pumps, followed by North America and Europe. China accounted for the majority share in Asia-Pacific in 2015, while India is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. Factors such as increasing industrialization; investment in water infrastructure; growth in various industries such as water & wastewater treatment, chemicals, power, and oil & gas among others; upsurge in infrastructural development projects, especially in China and India; rising standards of living & growing urbanization; and higher demand for proper sanitation are driving the growth of the diaphragm pumps market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants among other experts to obtain & verify critical qualitative and quantitate information as well as assess future market prospects.
The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1–15%, Tier 2–39%, and Tier 3–46%
- By Designation: C-Level–23%, Director Level–8%, and Engineer Level–69%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific–40%, Europe–30%, the Americas–20%, and RoW–10%
Note: Row = Rest of the World
The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2014: Tier 1 =>USD 10 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 10 billion, and Tier 3 =
Leading players of this industry have been profiled with their recent developments and other strategic activities. These include Pump Solutions Group (U.S.), LEWA GmbH (Germany), Flowserve Corporation (U.S.), Grundfos Holding A/S (Denmark), Xylem, Inc. (U.S.), and TAPFLO AB (Sweden) among others.
Why buy this report?
- The report identifies and addresses key markets for diaphragm pumps, which is useful for suppliers and OEMs to review production and distribution plans
- The report includes analysis of key countries by technological application of diaphragm pumps; for instance, its application in water & wastewater and chemical, among other sectors. It analyzes historical trends and also forecast for 2021, assisting in strategic decision making.
- It presents competition by analyzing recent market developments such as key contracts, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions from the key global market players. It helps understand the competition strategies and plan respective initiatives.