Market consolidation in Europe and North America is due to increasing imports from Asia-Pacific, a result of the over-supply of materials manufacturing. The largest market, APAC constitutes over 70% of global PV materials consumption, yet growing adoption of premium products such as BIPV in Europe and NA is expected to boost revenues. This study explores the current status and future prospects of the global photovoltaic (PV) materials market. It analyzes unit shipment and revenue generated from frontsheets, backsheets, and encapsulants from 2012 to 2022. The impact of regulations; product, material, and technology trends; and market drivers and restraints is provided along with an evaluation of the value chain and distribution channels.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- At what stage is the market lifecycle, and how is it expected to grow?
- What are the key factors driving and restraining market growth?
- What are the dynamics influencing choice of different products within a segment?
- What are the growth opportunities for the different product segments?
- What are the key PV technologies being adopted worldwide, and how is this expected to change during the forecast period?
- Who are the leading market participants?
- What are the key competitive factors governing the market?