The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Growing construction and developmental activities are expected to drive the power rental market”
With rising population, the demand for residential construction has also gone up in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa, providing a boost to the construction industry. The extensive construction and development activities are not adequately handled by the existing grid power. Furthermore, with upcoming major planned events, such as World Expo 2020 in Dubai, UAE and FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, there are considerable construction activities going on for new restaurants, hotels, malls, and overall infrastructure development. This has led to the growth of the temporary power market. All these developments are the main reasons for large number of contracts and deals in the power rental market.
“Contracts & Agreements accounted for the largest development share from 2011 to 2015”
Majority of power rental companies have adopted contracts and agreements as their key strategy to get brand recognition. This has further enabled them to expand into various regions. Majority of these contracts were for diesel generators, followed by natural gas generators and dual fuel generators.
“Africa is expected to lead the global power rental market in terms of growth rate, followed by North America”
Africa held the maximum number of contracts due to lack of power infrastructure, followed by North America and Asia-Pacific. Although the African region is heavily dependent on hydro power, the region being more prone to drought conditions results in reduced hydropower capacity, further leading to blackouts. Such conditions increase the demand for temporary power. Secondly, large industrial infrastructure programs are being developed in the region since 2010; however, implementation of these power projects takes time with several of them facing delays. These delays create opportunities for the growth of the power rental industry in the region.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants among other experts to obtain & verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as assess future market prospects. Distribution of primary interviews is as follows
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 25%, Tier2-25%, and Tier 3-50%
- By Designation: C-Level-37%, Manager Level-25%, and Others*-38%
- By Region: Americas-25%, EMEA- 37%, and APAC-38%
Note1: *Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product engineers
Note 2:- The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2013; Tier 1 => USD 5 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 5 billion, and Tier 3 =< USD 1 billion
The leading players of the power rental market include Aggreko plc. (U.K.), Caterpillar Inc. (U.S.), APR Energy plc. (U.S.), Ashtead Group Plc. (U.K.), Cummins Inc. (U.S.) Atlas Copco (Sweden), Hertz Corporation(U.S.), Speedy Hire Plc.(U.K.), United Rentals Inc.(U.K.), Kohler Co. Inc. (U.S.), Smart Energy Solutions (UAE), and Generac Power Systems (U.S.) among others.
Reasons To Buy the report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis deal analysis, market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging- and high-growth segments of the power rental market, high-growth regions, and their drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market, share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Analysis and development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the power rental market. Usage pattern/ penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise) and purchasing data
- Market Development: A comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for power rental deals across regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments decisions in the power rental market. A detailed description regarding related and unrelated diversifications pertaining to this market.
- Product/ Brand Perception Analysis: Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virility and tonality of blogs.