The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Global Trucking industry is on a tough terrain facing disparate economic & market conditions across key geographic regions with traditional markets, led by North America & Europe, witnessing steady growth while emerging markets, led by Brazil, China & Russia, face a host of complex economic challenges which has impacted the overall demand for medium & heavy trucks globally. The demand for medium & heavy Trucks registered strong growth across EU & the U.S. markets in 2015 with robust freight activity, increasing fleet utilization and growing profitability for fleet operators with continued plummeting of crude oil prices. The U.S. Economy continues to prove itself as the stable cornerstone of the global economy with steady economic growth momentum followed by Europe which, too, continues to make slow economic recovery amid deflationary risks. The economic growth in China has slowed down to the lowest rate in over 25 years accompanied by continued financial markets volatility as the country strives to transition to a more consumption driven economy with limited reliance on manufacturing & heavy industries which has impacted the industry significantly. Brazil & Russian economies, on the contrary, have been impacted severely by the energy sector downturn and are in recession, in addition, to the ongoing political crisis in Brazil with pressures likely to prevail across these economies over near term. Additionally, the ongoing mining slump with continued weakness in global commodity prices has impacted a number of other emerging markets as well. The OECD & IMF have already issued stress signals and have cut their global economic growth forecasts for 2016 to 3.4% and the IMF has termed the global economy as being highly vulnerable to adverse shocks in its latest outlook with market turbulence, oil price crash, weak commodity prices & continued geo-political conflict as key threats & risk factors to global economic growth.
The industry fundamentals, however, remain strong & robust driven by long term, sustainable growth drivers given the key role played by the transportation industry towards economic growth & development globally and significant investments likely to be made by emerging nations towards infrastructure development over medium term to support economic growth and with rapid urbanization trend. Amongst traditional markets, the U.S. market is likely to spearhead market direction going forward & will hold the key to shaping the near to medium term global market outlook. Additionally, massive investments are going to be required in the U.S. towards infrastructure rebuilding & repair over medium term. The advent of a long term transportation bill, after over a decade, with the passing of the FAST Act in December 2015 provides over $300 billion in federal funding towards transportation projects in the U.S. through 2020 which is likely to give a significant boost to the industry in the U.S. Additionally, Fed’s monetary policy stance in 2016 & the outcome of the U.S. presidential elections will be significant for the industry over near term. In Europe, the economy entered deflation in February with lower crude oil prices and witnessed slowing down of manufacturing activity amid fears of sluggish growth in 2016 which is likely to lead to quantitative easing by the ECB over near term. China’s growth forecast for 2016 has been set at the lower 6.5%-7% range along with Moody’s downgrading the outlook for China from stable to negative. The country has already been focusing on rolling out measures to boost economic growth. The effectiveness of stimulus measures & overall policy focus in China over near term, thus, are likely to be decisive over near term.
The significant, expected growth in sales volumes for medium & heavy trucks across emerging markets over medium term and the rapidly expanding pace of technology evolution & integration across product platforms, manufacturing processes & industrial footprint are amongst key trends which are likely to drive growth & spearhead development of next generation products & technologies, in addition, to disruptive business & service models and concepts over the next decade. The current low crude oil price environment is likely to be sustained over near term and is likely to boost fleet utilization and profitability for fleet operators across traditional markets besides driving maintenance activity and aftermarket sales for industry OEMs. Additionally, OEMs have been focusing significantly on expanding their technology driven services portfolio aimed at boosting fleet operating efficiency & productivity for operators which is likely to witness further growth over medium term. The OEMs also continue to invest significantly towards new products & technologies development and modernization of their manufacturing footprint through integration of cutting edge ICT technologies while significantly enhancing focus on customer support by taking a long-term view of the market.
Against this backdrop, the report provides comprehensive analysis into the global medium and heavy truck market with the introductory section of the report analyzing Key Market & Technology trends likely to shape the future of trucking. Subsequent sections provide insights into latest market developments, issues & challenges and emerging growth opportunities which could be leveraged by the industry value chain followed by an insightful analysis of market drivers & constraints. The report concludes by analyzing market evolution likely over medium term and projecting demand outlook for medium & heavy trucks over near to medium term.
- The Global Medium & Heavy Truck Market is projected to grow steadily over the next decade.
- Emerging markets to witness strong demand growth for Medium & Heavy Duty Trucks over Medium Term with leading industry OEMs working meticulously towards deepening their market presence across these markets.
- Detailed Insights into Daimler’s Global Growth Strategy 2020 spearheaded by Technological Leadership, Global Growth & Expansion and Modular Product Platform Strategy. Also, comprehensive analysis of Daimler’s strategic plan aimed at complete transformation of its European manufacturing footprint over near term along-with continued strategic product portfolio offensive fuelled by significant growth in planned R&D and CAPEX outlay for 2016-2017.
- Analysis of Volvo’s Growing Strategic Focus on the North American market and development of strategies & plans aimed at further deepening its market presence and expanding market share in the NAFTA region.
- Analysis of Key Technology Trends - Connected Vehicle Technologies, Autonomous Driving Vehicles, Safety Enhancing Technologies, Alternate Fuels, Material Science Innovations and Aerodynamic Efficiency Enhancement Measures.
- Insights into Evolution of new Service Models and Business Concepts across OEMs leveraging a range of Connected Vehicle Technologies.
Relevance & Usefulness: The report will be useful for:-
- - Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- - Competitor Analysis & Comparative Analysis of covered Industry OEMs
- - Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- - Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for all OEMs
- - Medium Term Strategic Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Demand Growth Projections
- - Analysis of Emerging Market & Technology Trends
- - Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
- - Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- - Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential for those having strategic interest in the Global Trucking industry. The report will be especially useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program Managers, Procurement Managers, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors, Sales & Distribution Channels, Truck Fleet Owners & Freighters, Truck Rental Companies, Constuction Contractors, Technology Solutions Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, Industry Service Suppliers, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry or any of these companies.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:-
- -Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- -Blend of Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- -Significant Time Savings
- -Visual Representation enables Easy Comprehension
- -Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- -Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images