Generation IV Reactors to Assert Re-emergence of Nuclear Power Industry
Generation IV nuclear technologies, a set of new reactor designs, are currently being researched and developed by the thirteen members of the Generation IV International Forum (GIF). The goals laid down by the GIF aim at making nuclear energy as the most viable solution for energy production. Generation IV reactors can help boost the nuclear industry as they focus on enhancing reactor safety, efficiency, reliability, economics, proliferation resistance and physical protection. These reactors usually operate at high temperatures that are favorable for hydrogen production, which is a significant advantage considering its rising demand. The high operating efficiencies offered by these technologies help further reduce generation costs related to fuel consumption and spent fuel storage. The excellent safety features of Gen IV will help in the reemergence of nuclear industry alleviating the anti-nuclear concerns mainly triggered after Fukushima accident.
- Generation IV reactors Research & Development Initiatives across the world
- Generation IV International Forum Signatories
- Generation IV Technologies
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights on current developments in generation IV technologies
- Identify key research & development initiatives for generation IV reactors in European Union, Asia- Pacific and North American region
- Identify potential features of generation IV technologies to assert reemergence of nuclear industry
- Facilitate decision-making based on generation IV technological developments
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.