The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Growth drivers for the coated steel market
The coated steel market is estimated to grow from USD 20.62 billion in 2015 to USD 26.68 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 5.30% between 2015 and 2020. The coated steel industry is witnessing moderate growth because of growing demand from end-use industries. Coated steel is largely used in the building & construction and appliances applications.
Polyester resins account for the majority share of the coated steel market. They are a viable resin choice for coatings for several end-use markets, including building & construction, appliances, automotive, and other applications. It has limited use in the coatings industry primarily due to the fact that the curing is strongly inhibited by oxygen, leaving the surface of the polyester coated steel soft and also it sticks to the surface. Due to these properties, the polyester coated steel are the most broadly used coated steel, globally.
Asia-Pacific is the largest coated steel market
Asia-Pacific is the leading market for all coated steel. The growth in this market is driven by foreign investment due to cheap labor and economical & accessible raw materials, boosting the region’s production. The government proposals to improve public infrastructure and rising cash-intensive nonresidential construction, coupled with the increase in the manufacture of coatings are driving the market of coated steel. The increasing demand for the product in residential as well as commercial buildings in India and China is expected to drive the coated steel. In commercial buildings, the demand for coated steel is more to avoid corrosion due to water and chemicals.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts globally. These primary sources have been divided in three categories: by company type; by designation; and by region.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 45%, Tier 2 - 35% and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C Level - 35%, Director Level - 25% and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, Europe - 30%,Asia-Pacific - 20%, and RoW - 5%
- ArcelorMittal S.A. (Luxembourg)
- SSAB AB (Sweden)
- Salzgitter AG (Germany)
- OJSC Novolipetsk Steel (NLMK) (Russia)
- Voestalpine AG (Austria)
- OJSC Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works (MMK) (Russia)
- ThyssenKrupp AG (Germany)
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (Japan)
- United States Steel (U.S.)
- Essar Steel Ltd. (India)
- Tata Steel Ltd. (India)
- Lysvenskii Metallurgicheskii Zavod Zao (Russia)
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. (India)
Reasons To Buy the report
- A comprehensive coverage and analysis of the coated steel market in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW
- Competitive landscape of the major players and their developments in the coated steel market
- Identify opportunities with high-potential for coated steel
- Identify and target high-growth application segments