Government and consumers are concerned about cyber security in cars, as researchers were able to hack into various OEM models in 2015. This research service identifies key areas that offer scope for technology innovation and discusses cybersecurity initiatives for the automotive industry. In 2015, cybersecurity, secure data transfers, and data privacy were key challenges for consumers and government authorities. The study discusses OEM initiatives, Tier-1 supplier activities, key trends, specialist security company roles, and future business models for automotive cybersecurity.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the key regional initiatives towards automotive cybersecurity?
- How do OEMs plan to protect their vehicles from cyber threats?
- What is the focus of cross-industry and non-automotive companies towards automotive cybersecurity?
- How much business potential can OEMs unlock because of secure infrastructure?
- How do collaborative business models and partnerships help in meeting regulations, legislations, and key cybersecurity initiatives?