The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Hoses, Manifold, Regulator) End User (Hospital, Home Care) - Forecast To 2020”The Latin American medical gases and equipment market is estimated to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2020 at a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period of 2015 to 2020. The market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases, increasing geriatric population, and rising demand for home healthcare.
In this report, the Latin American medical gases and equipment market is segmented on the basis of products and end users. On the basis of products, the Latin American medical gases and equipment market is divided into medical gases and medical gas equipment. The medical gases equipment segment is further divided into cylinders, vacuum systems, manifolds, regulators, cryogenic products, flowmeters, suction regulators, monitoring systems, hoses, and outlets. The medical gases segment is categorized into pure medical gases and medical gas mixtures. The pure medical gases segment is subsegmented into oxygen, nitrous oxide, medical air, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and helium; while, the medical gas mixtures segment is subdivided into blood-gas mixtures, lung diffusion mixtures, nitrous oxide-oxygen mixtures, carbon dioxide-oxygen mixtures, laser-gas mixtures, aerobic gas mixtures, anaerobic gas mixtures, ethylene oxide mixtures, and helium-oxygen mixtures.
On the basis of end users, the Latin America medical gases and mixtures market is divided into hospitals, home healthcare, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic & research institutions. In 2014, the hospitals end-user segment accounted for the largest share of around 75% to 80% of the Latin America medical gases and equipment market. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to the financial capabilities of hospitals to purchase high-priced instruments as well as the availability of trained professionals, and the wide use of medical gases and equipment in hospitals for a variety of applications including resuscitation, surgery, and medicinal bath (medical oxygen and carbon dioxide), anesthesia (nitrous oxide), and ventilation & aerosol therapies (medical air). However, the home healthcare end-user segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period, mainly due to aging population and low hospital bed-population ratio.
The country-wise segmentation of Latin America region is provided in the report, covering Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay, and Rest of Latin America. In 2014, Brazil accounted for the largest share to the Latin America medical gases and equipment market, followed by Mexico. However, Mexico is expected to be the fastest-growing country during the forecast period, owing to the rapidly aging population, growing pharmaceutical industry, and growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases.
The Latin American medical gases and equipment market is consolidated; some major players in this market are The Linde Group (Germany), Air Liquide (France), Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (U.S.), Praxair, Inc. (U.S.), Atlas Copco AB (Sweden), and Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.) (Japan).
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help them to garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to secure a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the Latin American medical gases and equipment market. The report analyzes the Latin American medical gases and equipment market by product and end user across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the Latin American medical gases and equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by product, end user, and country
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the Latin American medical gases and equipment market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the Latin American medical gases and equipment market