CMOS IMAGE SENSOR MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY (CMOS AND OTHERS), SPECIFICATION, WAFER & SENSOR SIZE, APPLICATION (AUTOMOTIVE, CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, INDUSTRIAL, ENTERTAINMENT, AND SECURITY & SURVEILLANCE), AND REGION – GLOBAL TRENDS AND FORECAST TO 2020The CMOS image sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% between 2015 and 2020, from USD 9.80 billion in 2015 to USD 17.1 billion by 2020. The driving factors of CMOS image sensor market are the growing implementation of CMOS image sensor in the consumer electronics segment, investment by players to develop CMOS image sensor for automotive sector, and support of 4K pixel technology for the growth of the security and surveillance sector.
Major applications of CMOS image sensor market
The automotive and consumer electronics applications offer a huge growth potential for CMOS image sensors, owing to the advanced features they offer over other processes. These two applications collectively accounted for a market share of ~80% in 2014. The increasing demand for dual camera and high use of tablets and webcams has accelerated the consumer electronics market, while the growth of the automotive market is attributed to the rising implementation of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in automobiles to offer features such as blind-spot viewing, automatic headlight dimming, lane-departure warning systems, rearview, 360-degree surround view, parking assistance, and autonomous driving.
Asia-Pacific expected to grow at a high CAGR by 2020
Asia-Pacific is estimated to hold the largest market share by 2020, and is expected to grow at a high CAGR between 2015 and 2020. The major factor driving the growth of APAC in the CMOS image sensor market is the large number of users for mobile devices, webcams, and tablet PCs. Moreover, some of the major companies such as Sony Corporation (Japan), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (South Korea), SK Hynix Inc. (South Korea) and Sharp Corporation (Japan) are located in this region.
Several primary interviews have been conducted with market experts across four major geographies, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America). The primary participants considered for the study are C level executives, managers, and other executives from tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 companies. The details of primary interviews conducted are as below:
The companies involved in the development of CMOS image sensor market include CMOSIS N.V. (Belgium), e2v technologies plc. (U.K.), GalaxyCore Inc. (China), OmniVision Technologies Inc. (U.S.), ON Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), PixArt Imaging Inc.(Taiwan), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Sharp Corporation (Japan), SK Hynix Inc. (South Korea), Sony Corporation (Japan), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd (Taiwan)., Teledyne Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and Toshiba Corporation (Japan).
Reasons To Buy the report:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 13 %, Tier 2 – 20% and Tier 3 – 67%
- By Designation – C level – 32%, Director level – 23%, Others – 45%
- By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to technology, specification, application, and region along with their respective revenues. It also includes a brief qualitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of wafer and sensor size.
- The Porter’s five forces framework has been provided along with the value chain analysis to offer an in-depth insight into the CMOS image sensor market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the CMOS image sensor market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets based on technology, specification, application and region have been provided to give an overall view of the CMOS image sensor market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.