The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Motion simulation refers to simulated training which helps in eliminating mistakes while doing specific tasks on the field. Simulated training was initially used in the automotive and defense applications; however with the development in technology, it is now being implemented in other applications such as entertainment, healthcare, and mining. The advantages of motion simulation include efficient training, enhanced quality of production, low cost of training, better safety, and increased risk-taking ability. This report includes human motion simulation market, also known as digital human modeling (DHM), which is separately analyzed on the basis of its applications, namely, automotive, defense, research and development, sport, and textile and regions. Human motion simulation is considered to have matured enough for commercial use, and thus its market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.46% between 2015 and 2020.The report includes a brief description of the factors driving and restraining the market as well as its opportunities and challenges. The factors driving the market include the stringent regulation in the aviation industry for stimulated training, huge opportunity for cost saving, growing emphasis on patient safety, and digitization of the human body structure. The high research and development requirement and the availability of limited funding for healthcare systems are the factor restraining the growth of the motion simulation market. The huge cost of implementation of motion simulation systems presents a major challenge for the market.
The report also provides the geographic view for major regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW). On the basis of region, North America dominated the motion simulation market, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~5% between 2015 and 2020. The motion simulation market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of ~10% between 2015 and 2020. The rising demand for cost-effective training solutions would give an impetus for the growth of the APAC market. APAC represents a huge opportunity for motion simulation systems as companies in this region have started realizing the benefits of simulation-based training in applications including defense and automotive. The human motion simulation market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of ~11% between 2015 and 2020. North America accounted for a high market share of ~40% in 2014, as most companies using motion simulation systems are located in this region. Human motion simulation is initially developed at the university level, and it is then licensed to corporates for industrial use. SANTOS is one such example which was developed at the University of Iowa, and was then licensed to SantosHuman Inc. (U.S.). Earlier, human motion simulation technology was mainly used in the defense and automotive, but the development in the technology has enabled its implementation in other applications such as textile and sport.
The major players involved in the development of the motion simulation market include CAE Inc. (Canada), Moog Inc. (U.S.), Siemens AG (Germany), Dassault Systems SA (France), Laerdal Medical AS (Norway), Human solutions GmbH (Germany), Bosch Rexroth AG (Germany), Exponent Inc. (U.S.), SantosHuman Inc. (U.S.), and Thoroughbred Technologies (Pty) Ltd. (South Africa).
- The total market size in terms of value for the motion simulation market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of ~6% between 2015 and 2020.
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, degree of freedom, application, and region, along with their respective revenues.
- The total market size in terms of value for the human motion simulation market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of ~9% between 2015 and 2020.
- The Porter’s Five Forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the motion simulation market.
- Major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the human motion simulation market have been detailed in this report.
- An illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast has been undertaken for the markets on the basis of major type, degree of freedom, application, and region, to provide an overall view of the motion simulation market.
- The detailed competitive landscape gives an insight into the key players in the market, in-depth analysis of their strategies for growth, and the revenues of the individual companies.