The global electrophoresis reagents market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period of 2015-2020 and is estimated to be worth 1.05 billion by 2020. The market is mainly driven by the increasing research activities in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries; technological advancements; rapidly increasing geriatric population; and increasing funding for genomics and proteomics research. However, time-consuming operations, limited sample analysis through gel electrophoresis, and presence of alternative technologies offering better efficiencies and results are restraining the growth of this market to a certain extent.In this report, the global electrophoresis reagents market is segmented by product, technique, application, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the electrophoresis reagents market is mainly classified into dyes, gels, buffers, and other reagents. The electrophoresis reagents market, by end user, covers academic & research institutions, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and hospital & diagnostic centers. By application, the electrophoresis reagents market is subdivided into protein analysis and DNA & RNA analysis. By technique, this market is segmented into gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis.
The gels segment will continue to dominate the electrophoresis reagents market by 2020, as gels are used in the electrophoresis technique and have no alternatives as compared to dyes and buffers. However, the electrophoresis dyes segment is poised to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth in this segment can be attributed to increasing investments and efforts by market players to find safer and highly sensitive alternative dyes for electrophoresis analysis.
Geographically, North America accounts for the largest share of the global electrophoresis reagents market in 2014, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. Developed geographies like North America and Europe are likely to grow at a lower CAGR as compared to the Asia-Pacific market. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to record the fastest market growth during the forecast period, largely driven by the increasing research funding from government and private investors, increasing number of research laboratories, and growing pharmaceutical and technology companies.
In 2014, Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), and Lonza Group (Switzerland) were the leading players in the electrophoresis reagents market. Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.) and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.) have diversified product portfolios for life science reagents.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the electrophoresis reagents market. The report analyzes the electrophoresis reagents market by technique, product, application, and end user across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and new product launches in the electrophoresis reagents market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information of the lucrative emerging markets by technique, product, application, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the global electrophoresis reagents market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global electrophoresis reagents market