The development of fuel efficient technologies to reduce fuel burn and lower carbon emissions is viewed as a necessity to the future of air travel. Volatile fuel prices have placed the very solvency of many airlines in question. Airlines must reduce their consumption of oil-based jet fuel by investing in more fuel-efficient technologies, nurturing the growth of alternative energies, and, more immediately, optimising their business models. This research calculates the global fuel efficient technologies in the commercial aviation market, defined as spending on new aircraft engines, biofuels, advanced composites for airframe design and air traffic management systems, to be $48.30bn in 2012.
Historic trends in improving efficiency levels show that aircraft entering today's fleet are around 80% more fuel efficient than they were 40 years ago due to the introduction of new engines, coupled with year-on-year 'incremental' improvements to engine design and operation.
Though the industry will be faced with the restraints of proving the effectiveness of some of the new technologies on a commercial scale, overcoming fierce competition, and confronting a weak global economy, fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market are likely to provide substantial opportunities for potential investors. This report offers an examination of fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market over the next decade, providing detailed market forecasts for each of the leading regional markets and offering analysis of the opportunities available in the fuel efficiency technologies market throughout the world.
The report also describes the most important fuel efficiency technology submarkets within the global commercial aviation industry and assesses their importance for the growth of the market over the long-term.
- How much is going to be spent in the leading regional commercial aviation markets for new and upgraded fuel efficiency technologies between 2012 and 2022?
- Who are the leading companies in aircraft engine and the aerospace industry?
- Where are the growth opportunities over the next decade - in which countries and with which type of technology
These critical questions and many more are definitively answered in this comprehensive report.
- Global forecast for fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market and analysis from 2012-2022.
- 112 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market from 2012-2022.
- Analysis and forecasts informed by extensive consultation with industry expert opinion. Full transcript of an interview is included from a leading aircraft engine manufacturer.
- Regional market forecasts and analysis for the 7 regional commercial aviation markets.
- Global and regional submarket forecasts from 2012-2022 for 4 fuel efficiency technology submarkets within the commercial aviation market.
- Profiles of the leading aircraft engine manufacturers within the commercial aviation market.
- Profiles of the leading aerospace companies.
- SWOT analysis of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats facing fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market over the next ten years.
Comprehensive analysis of the fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market
The Fuel Efficiency Technologies in the Commercial Aviation Market 2012-2022 report examines this sector critically by drawing upon a rich combination of primary and secondary research with a comprehensive review of recent contracts, official corporate and governmental announcements, news reports, industry publications, market analysis, policy documents, industry statements and an extensive consultation of expert opinion.
Why you should buy Fuel Efficiency Technologies in the Commercial Aviation Market 2012-2022
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the global fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market and how it will develop over the next ten years.
- You will find 112 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market in detail from 2012-2022.
- The analysis and forecasting has been reinforced by extensive consultation with expert opinion. Within the report, you will read a full transcript of an original and exclusive interview with a leading aircraft engine manufacturer:
- Alan Epstein of Pratt & Whitney (P&W)
- You will receive regional market forecasts from 2012-2022 for the 7 leading commercial aviation markets, with submarket forecasts and analysis of the fuel efficiency technology submarkets within each regional commercial aviation market:
- North America
- South America
- You will receive 4 submarket forecasts from 2012-2022 for the following fuel efficiency technology submarkets at the global level and for each region.
- Aircraft engines
- Advanced composites
- Air traffic management systems
- You will be able to compare the fuel efficiency technologies and discover which regional commercial aviation markets will be investing in which types of technologies over the forecast period.
- You will find profiles of the leading aircraft engine manufacturers
- You will find profiles of the leading aerospace companies.
- You will view a SWOT analysis of the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market over the next ten years.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in fuel efficiency technologies and aviation should gain valuable information and insight from this new study, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the commercial aviation industry. Fuel efficiency technologies in the commercial aviation market, offer substantial business and investment opportunities and is becoming an increasingly important component of the civil aviation market in several key regional markets.
This aviation report will be valuable both to those already involved in the aviation market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering Fuel Efficiency Technologies in the Commercial Aviation Market 2012-2022