In today’s society, the term "anti-aging" is used freely and widely to describe beauty products that claim to arrest or even reverse the signs of aging. But should beauty companies be adapting their messaging to changing consumer attitudes?
- Globally, skincare is the category with the most developed anti-aging products sector. In 2015, this sector was worth $15,663.38m. Asia Pacific stands out as being the largest and, arguably, most developed region for anti-aging skincare, larger than the Americas and Europe combined.
- Loss of consumer trust should be addressed with a more positive approach focusing on the use of beauty products to boost self-esteem and to achieve healthy-looking skin through sun protection and good nutrition. Companies need to provide consumers with the means to evaluate whether the products they use actually work.
- At a recent in-cosmetics conference, Antoinette van den Berg, founder of Future Touch, declared that "old" will be "cool" in the future. How the beauty industry interprets this will be of key importance to the future success of the category.
"Redefining Anti-Aging Marketing Strategies for the Beauty Industry" sets out to explore how anti-aging terminology is utilized primarily within the skincare sector and its migration into body care, haircare, and make-up. Data from Canadean’s 2014 and 2015 global surveys will help shed light on consumers’ knowledge of and attitudes towards anti-aging claims, while highlighting the importance of ingredients, whether "natural" or science-led, in brand choice.
Key takeaways from this report will include:
- How attitudes towards anti-aging claims vary by region.
- The beauty claims that resonate most with consumers.
- How brands can better target older consumers, who are currently under-represented within the beauty industry.
- Alternative ways to market "anti-aging" products.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify the beauty claims that resonate most with consumers.
- Assess alternative ways to market "anti-aging" products.
- Assess how consumer attitudes towards anti-aging vary by region and age.
- Examine products that use more credible claims, as an innovative way to appeal to consumer demand.
- Study the companies involved in this innovation.