This report offers detailed analysis of the military aircraft market over the next ten years, and provides extensive market size forecasts by country and sub sector. It covers the key technological and market trends in the military aircraft market. It further lays out an analysis of the factors influencing the demand for military aircraft, and the challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Military aircraft systems market size and drivers: comprehensive analysis of the military aircraft market through 2011–2021, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for military aircraft. It also provides an insight on the spending pattern and modernization pattern in different regions around the world.
- Recent development and industry challenges: insights into technological developments in the military aircraft market, and an extensive analysis of the changing preferences of armed forces around the world. It also provides the current consolidation trends in the industry and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- SWOT analysis of the military aircraft market: exhaustive analysis of industry characteristics, determining the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats faced by the military aircraft market.
- Global military aircraft market-country analysis: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the top segments of military aircraft expected to be in demand.
- Major programs: details of the major programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: detailed analysis of competitive landscape of the military aircraft industry. It provides an overview of key military aircraft manufacturers catering to the military aircraft sector, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
The global military aircraft market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.58% during the forecast period.
In 2011, the global military aircraft market valued US$38 billion and is expected to value US$71.9 billion by 2021, representing a CAGR of 6.58% during the forecast period. The demand for military aircraft is anticipated to be driven by internal as well external security threats, territorial disputes and modernization initiatives undertaken by armed forces across the world. Cumulatively, the global market for military aircraft is expected to value US$612.9 billion during the forecast period. The global military aircraft market is expected to be dominated by the US during the period, followed closely by the European and Asia-Pacific region. Despite the economic crisis in Europe, Europe’s share of the global market is projected to increase during the forecast period due to the need to replace ageing military aircraft, an arms race among countries and the border disputes among various nations.
In terms of categories, the multi-role aircraft is expected to account for the highest proportion of spending in the global military aircraft market, followed by transport aircraft and reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft. The demand for multi-role aircraft is anticipated to be higher than other categories, which reflects an increase in the number of programs being developed by various countries around the globe. Following the budget cuts announced by various countries as a result of the global economic recession, the procurement of multi-role aircraft has increased significantly due to their ability to carry out various missions including attack, reconnaissance, rescue operations and transport.
- Analysis of the global military aircraft market size from 2011 through 2021
- Analysis of defense budget spending pattern by region
- Insights on the region wise defense modernization initiatives
- Sub-sector analysis of the military aircraft market
- Analysis of key global military aircraft market by country
- Key competitor profiling specifically focusing on the military aircraft market
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight into the military aircraft market with current and forecast market values
- Get insight on key drivers and attractiveness parameters of the global military aircraft market
- Provides detailed analysis of the defense spending pattern including forecasts of military spending till 2021 by region
- Gain insight into various defense modernization initiatives around the world
- Gain insight into various factors impacting the growth of the military aircraft market
- Gain comprehensive sub-sector market analysis including market values and forecasts of the leading defense spending nations of the world
- Provides a thorough analysis of the recent developments in the global military aircraft market including technological trends, industry consolidation trend, and key challenges
- Provides detailed information of the leading military aircraft programs of major defense spending countries across of the world
- Detailed profiles of 20 leading military aircraft and related systems manufacturing companies across the world including products and services, key alliances, contracts, and recent developments pertaining to the military aircraft segment.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)
- Joint Forces Simulation & Training Conference
3 February - 4 February, 2016
London, United Kingdom
- Mobile Deployable Communications Conference
4 February - 5 February, 2016
- Maritime Surveillance and Reconnaissance Technology 2016 Conference
15 February - 16 February, 2016
- Airborne ISR & C2 Battle Management 2016 Conference
23 February - 25 February, 2016
London, United Kingdom
- Defence Logistics Eastern Europe Conference
7 March - 8 March, 2016
Prague, Czech Republic