Communication Service Providers (CSP) are adopting next generation OSS/BSS systems for many reasons including integration with new IP-based frameworks, emerging applications, and the need to continuously improve upon customer service and retention efforts. Other factors include the need for network operators to rationalize legacy systems into common support frameworks while simultaneously seeking differentiation relative to competition.
Adding to the complexity of implementing and operating NGN OSS/BSS are the many technical and business challenges associated with emerging technologies and solutions. CSPs must consider optimization of OSS/BSS with respect to these emerging areas, which include Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization, Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0), Life Cycle Orchestration (LSO), and the emerging MEF defined “Third Network”. There are even new types of Wireless Wide Area Networks (WAN) such as Low-power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN). Each of these new areas cause compatibility challenges with legacy OSS/BSS systems.
With research beginning in 2007, the report Next Generation Network OSS/BSS Market and Forecast 2015 - 2020 provides comprehensive analysis of the drivers and issues related to the technical and business aspects of OSS/BSS, deployments and operations issues, and quantitative analysis with forecasts for anticipated growth through 2020. It also covers impact of third networks and emerging technology trends on operator’s OSS/BSS capabilities and industry perspective of TIA, EXFO, SPIRENT, and RAD. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
Questions answered in the report include:
- What changes will take place in OSS/BSS vendor landscape?
- What is driving business growth in the NGN OSS/BSS market?
- How will NGN affect current OSS/BSS architecture and its modules?
- What is Frameworx and how does it drive next generation OSS/BSS?
- How will emerging technologies impact the legacy OSS/BSS systems?
- What will be the global market scenarios for next generation OSS/BSS?
- What is next generation OSS/BSS and how it different from legacy OSS/BSS?
- What kind of transformation will take place in legacy OSS/BSS to next generation?
- What will be the implications of NGN on operating and managing telecom business?
- What are the impacts on managed and cloud services from social media, BI and analytics?
- How is NGN OSS/BSS is changing business dynamics of current legacy OSS/BSS ecosystem?
- LSO solution providers
- SDN and NFV solution providers
- Network and services integrators
- Cloud and virtualization companies
- Fixed and mobile network operators
- OSS/BSS products and services suppliers
- Next gen network infrastructure providers
- Third-party platform providers including OTT
Select Report Findings:
- Legacy OSS/BSS market will decline from 71% market share in 2015 to 28% market share in 2020
- Fastest growing NGN OSS/BSS solution delivery option is seen as End-to-End Solution Service solutions
- North America is currently leading the market with 41% market share, which is expected to decline to 37% by 2020
- Detailed market forecasts for 2015 to 2020 for OSS/BSS
- Technical evaluation of OSS and BSS in next generation networks
- Quantitative analysis for legacy vs. next gen OSS/BSS through 2015
- Identify market potential by service components of OSS/BSS functions
- Understand the market dynamics regarding legacy vs. next generation
- Understand the drivers and timing for evolution to next generation OSS/BSS
- Identify companies and their services, products, and solutions for next generation OSS/BSS
- Identify emerging technologies, third networks, and standards supporting solutions for next generation OSS/BSS
- Recognize the opportunities for next generation OSS across many different service, solution and product categories