The Angolan defense market will be driven by anarms race in the region with focus on modernizing its military by procuring advanced defense systems, and enhancing its border security measures. In addition, the capital expenditure allocation is anticipated to average 9.9% of the total defense budget during 2016-2020 and defense equipment procurements are expected to be in the areas of multi-role aircraft, naval vessels, and military satellite (ISR).
- During 2011-2015, Angolan defense expenditure registered a growth rate of 5.90%, increasing from US$3.7 billion in 2011 to US$4.6 billion in 2015
- Military expenditure is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.18% during 2016-2020, to value US$6.4 billion in 2020
- Corruption and low budget allocation towards capital expenditureimposechallenges for the Angolan defense market
- Demand for equipment is mainly expected to revolve around multi-role aircraft, naval vessels, and military satellite (ISR)during 2016-2020
Strategic Defence Intelligence’s report - Future of the Angolan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 offers detailed analysis of the industry with market size forecasts from 2016-2020. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand in the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the defense industry during 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: Including an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and track the global defense market and make regional comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams
- Understand the importance of being led by the defense ministries in the military procurement market and define your strategies with insight on what your customers really want by analyzing recent orders, technical specifications, and the country’s expected investment pattern during 2016-2020
- Make correct business decisions based on detailed analysis of the defense industry from 2016-2020,which includes the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers along with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis
- Determine prospective investment areas by gaining an in-depth understanding of the industry in terms of market opportunities
- Channel resources by identifying various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues across different sectors during 2016-2020
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)