The Global Commercial Aviation sector is undoubtedly in its second golden age with record & burgeoning order backlogs for new aircraft programs across most industry OEMs. The growth is being driven, primarily, by a combination of favorable market dynamics & factors along-with evolution of next generation propulsion technologies with decades of research on propulsion systems & material sciences culminating into cutting edge engine technologies across leading industry players. The battle of technologies is being fought fiercely with LEAP engines from the GE-Safran duo pitched right against Pratt & Whitney’s Geared Turbofan engine technology in the narrow body aircraft segment, with the GTF technology also being patronized by Rolls Royce of-late as its core engine technology in the coming decade. CFM has been focusing on leveraging GE’s military aircraft engine expertise as well as repertoire of proprietary technologies to match the stiff competition from Pratt & Whitney’s GTF technology, which has enabled Pratt & Whitney to make significant inroads into and make a strong comeback to the narrow body aircraft segment. The wide body aircraft segment witnesses increasing polarization with Boeing-GE duo up right against Airbus-Rolls Royce combination on latest aircraft programs.
The Strategy Focus across all leading Engine Manufacturers is clearly on streamlining & preparing their industrial base for the rapid production ramp up required for meeting delivery schedules with significant capital expenditure underway towards infrastructure & facilities. Additionally, the players have also been focusing on expanding their existing engine portfolio with the introduction of new engine models & variants for specific segments & applications. R&D activity, too, continues unabated across players for further optimization, refinement & fine-tuning of their existing engine programs & propulsion technologies as they vie for a larger market share by strengthening presence across specific market segments with portfolio expansion & updates or by making a foray into entirely new segments.
The medium term outlook for engine manufacturers is bright & shiny spearheaded by commercial aviation which is poised for steady growth through the mid-2030s. Military aviation, too, is likely to witness resurgence over near to medium term driven by a slight to moderate increase in global defense spending with focus likely to increase significantly on Combat Jets, UAVs & Military Helicopters with growing security threat from Terrorism, Extremism & Instability and resurgence of conventional state based threats while technological evolution promises capabilities expansion with significant reduction in operating costs.
The United Kingdom’s latest Strategic Defense & Security Review 2015-2025 already corroborates the same with the review outlining a marked increase in defense spending of $18 billon over the next decade with doubling of investment towards Special Forces besides reinforcement of Air Combat, Airborne Strike and Maritime Surveillance capabilities with expansion of existing Typhoon squadrons, accelerated, full-scale procurement of F-35 Joint Strike Fighters and procurement of P-8s. France, too, had announced plans earlier in the year to increase defense spending by Euro 3.8 billion over the next 4 years which is likely to be further ramped up following the recent terrorist attacks. In the United States, large, big ticket defense programs, which include, Long Range Strike Bomber (LRS-B), Joint Multi Role – Future Vertical Lift (JMR-FVL) & Next Generation Jet Engine Program are likely to be the key & drive growth over medium to long term.
Against this backdrop, the report analyzes the Overarching Strategic Focus & Priorities and provides comprehensive insights into the Key Strategies & Plans being conceptualized, formulated & implemented by the World’s Top 4 Aircraft Engine Manufacturers for the near to medium term horizon as the industry gears up for a complex, challenging & rapidly evolving global macroeconomic & geopolitical environment.
- -Analysis of Pratt & Whitney’s plans to double engine production capacity by 2020
- -GE’s plans to take on Pratt & Whitney directly with the development of a new Turboprop engine family and significantly expand & strengthen market presence across Business, General & Regional Aviation segments by 2020
- -Rolls Royce’s near-term strategic focus on structural transformation & optimization of fixed cost base to bolster profitability amid visible pressures on top line growth while continuing to invest towards infrastructure & facilities expansion to ramp up overall engine production capacity & rate
- -Growing focus on Services Business & expansion of Data Analytics driven Services Portfolio
- -Expansion & reinforcement of Global MRO network by Engine Manufacturers
- -Analysis of Emerging Technologies & Key Technology Development Programs likely to shape industry’s future
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
- - Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- - Comprehensive Analysis of Strategic Focus & Priorities for Top 4 Engine Manufacturers
- - Insights into & Comprehensive Analysis of Key Strategies & Plans
- - Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- - Competitor Analysis & Comparative Analysis of covered Industry Players
- - Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
- - Analysis of Emerging Market, Sector-specific & Technology Trends
- - Analysis of Key Industry Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
- - Identifying & highlighting areas for making Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- - Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
- - Analysis of Medium Term Focused Strategic Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Growth Projections for the Following Market Segments through 2025:-
--Military Aviation, including, Military Helicopters
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential for those having strategic interest in the Global Aerospace & Defense industry and/or Global Aircraft Engine Market. The report will be especially useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program Managers, Military Procurement Managers, Defense Contracting Executives & Departments, Airlines, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors, MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:-
- -Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- -Blend of Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- -Significant Time Savings
- -Visual Representation enables Easy Comprehension
- -Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- -Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images