Improvised explosive devices (IEDs) have proven to be an effective and increasingly preferred weapon by insurgents, primarily in Iraq and later in Afghanistan, along with many other places in the world. Many of the world's leading armed forces have responded by spending heavily on equipment that will protect against IEDs, such as mine-resistant vehicles, jammers that block radio signals meant to detonate IEDs, detection and disposal systems, and robots and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) intended to detect the deadly menace. While demand has peaked in recent years, spending on counter-IED spending remains significant. IEDs, being cheap and relatively easy to make with widely available material are expected to remain a threat in future conflicts. This new study assesses that the global counter-IED market amounted to $6.4bn in 2011.
The past year has seen significant defence spending cuts but for the next few years, spending on counter-IED systems will remain robust over the next decade. The continued development of new counter-IED systems is also expected to sustain demand. This report examines the counter-IED market over the next decade, providing detailed market forecasts for each of the leading national markets. This report will describe how the counter-IED market is likely to unfold over the next decade given current constraints along with related national programmes.
Unique Selling Points
- A comprehensive analysis of the global counter-IED market and how it will unfold over the next decade.
- Analysis and forecasting which has been reinforced by consultation with expert opinion. Within the report, you will read the full transcript of an original and exclusive interview with NIITEK Inc, a leading counter-IED company:
- 71 tables and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the counter-IED market in detail from 2011-2021.
- Forecasts at the global level for the counter-IED market from 2011-2021.
- Forecasts for 10 leading national counter-IED markets from 2011-2021 with a comprehensive review of programmes within each of the 10 national markets.
- Submarket forecasts for four counter-IED submarkets from 2011-2021:
- Profiles of 20 of the leading companies within the counter-IED market.
- A SWOT analysis of the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the counter-IED market over the next ten years.
Comprehensive analysis of the counter-IED market
The Counter-IED Market 2011-2021: Systems and Technologies for Force Protection report examines this sector critically with a comprehensive review of recent contracts, official corporate and governmental announcements, news reports, industry publications, market analysis, policy documents, industry statements and interviews with industry experts.
This report will be valuable to companies already operating within the Counter-IED market or those wishing to enter this dynamic defence market.
Why you should buy The Counter-IED Market 2011-2021: Systems and Technologies for Force Protection
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the global counter-IED market and how it will develop over the next ten years.
- The analysis and forecasting has been reinforced by extensive consultation with expert opinion. Within the report, you will read full transcripts of an original and exclusive interview with an expert from a company operating in the counter-IED market:
- NIITEK Inc -- Juan Navarro, President
- You will find 71 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the counter-IED market in detail from 2011-2021.
- You will receive national market forecasts and analysis from 2011-2021 for 10 leading national counter-IED markets with a comprehensive review of programmes within each of the 10 national markets.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- You will receive submarket forecasts from 2011-2021 for the following counter-IED submarkets:
- Mine-resistant vehicles
- Electronic countermeasures
- Detection systems
- Unmanned systems
- You will find profiles of 20 leading companies operating within the counter-IED market.
- You will view a SWOT analysis of the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the counter-IED market over the next ten years.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the counter-IED market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study, which analyses a key sector of the defence industry. The counter-IED market offers significant opportunities for those involved or looking to be involved in this sector.
This defence report will be valuable both to those already involved in the counter-IED market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Counter-IED Market 2011-2021: Systems and Technologies for Force Protection.