The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Explosives and Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) is a key modality within the European homeland security, military and public safety infrastructure. Implementations of ETD include air-sea-land transportation security, force protection, law enforcement, critical infrastructure protection and public safety.
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020, Focus on Europe report examines two main areas:
- An overview of the Global 2011-2020 ETD market including size data and analysis
- A granulated analysis of the European market, its business eco systems and the technologies in this sector
According to the report, the Europe ETD market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% during 2014-2020. This growth is driven by the following factors:
- Following the January 2015 ISIS terror attacks in Europe, there is a growing demand in Europe for ETD systems in secured facilities, first responders and public venues security (public gathering locations, sports arenas etc.)
- Demand increase for the use of ETD systems at public venues such as public gathering locations, amusement parks, sports arenas and possibly shopping malls
- The need to annually screen billions of baggage and luggage items at air- and seaports
- First responders’ need for effective bomb search technologies
- The increase in demand for ETD devices – with over 5,000 European transportation-related screening lanes
- Steady growth of airport passengers and air cargo traffic across Europe
- Growing aftersale revenues (e.g., maintenance, consumables) from more than 4000 ETD devices installed in the region
- The EU legislations enforcing 100% cargo screening on all passenger flights from Europe
The report examines each dollar spent in the European ETD market via 2 orthogonal money trails:
1. By 3 Vertical Markets:
- Transportation Security
- Secured Facilities
- Other Applications
2. By 2 Revenue Sources:
- New Product / System Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
In addition, the report examines each dollar spent in the Global ETD market via 2 orthogonal money trails:
1. By 3 Global Vertical Markets:
- Global Transportation Security
- Global Secured Facilities
- Global Other Applications
2. By 2 Revenue Sources:
- Global New Product / System Sales
- Global Aftersale Revenues
This Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020, Focus on Europe report is a resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for industry decision makers to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 386 page report include:
- What will the regional and global markets size be in 2015-2020?
- What are the main Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection technology trends?
- Where and what are the Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection market opportunities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key ETD vendors?
- What are the challenges to the Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection market?
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020, Focus on Europe report presents in 386 pages, 65 tables and 70 figures, analysis of current and pipeline technologies and 24 leading vendors. The report presents for each submarket 2011-2014 data, analyses and projects the 2015-2020 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market size and analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- Product price lists, including list prices and U.S. government prices of 100’s systems and consumables
- Current and pipeline technologies: Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS), ChemiLuminescence (Thermal Energy Analyzers), Electron Capture Detectors (ECD), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Nanotechnology-enabled Technologies for Explosives Detection, Advanced Sample Collection, Dual Sensor ETD Technology, Chemical Warfare and Narcotics Trace Detectors, Receptor-based Technologies, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Nano-mechanical Sensors, Electronic Nose, Silica Micro-cantilever, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Protein Coated Carbon Nanotubes, Piezo-resistive Polymer Cantilever, Inkjet Based Wireless ETD Sensor, Amino-silane Coated Nanowires Arrays, Free-surface Microfluidic Control of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Cantilever Nano Mechanical Sensors, Sensor Array and Neural Network, Temperature-Stepped Desorption, UV-PLF, Non-Contact Explosives Harvesting, Pulsed-Ultraviolet Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Nanowire-Nano-cluster Hybrids, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), MEMS-Based Explosive Particle Detection, Remote Particle Stimulation, Laser Vaporization
- Companies operating in the market: Auto Clear US (Formerly Control Screening LLC), Biosensor Applications AB, DetectaChem, LLC, Electronic Sensor Technology, Hitachi, Ltd, ICx Technologies (Flir), Implant Sciences Corp., Ion Applications, Inc., Ketech Defence, Mistral Security, Inc, Morpho Detection Inc., NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Red X Defense, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Sibel Ltd, Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Westminster International Ltd.